Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weather Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62177458

Scorchio!

Contemplating going to the office early next week where there's aircon. Not going to help with sleeping much at night, but might make the working day more pleasant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62177458

Scorchio!

Contemplating going to the office early next week where there's aircon. Not going to help with sleeping much at night, but might make the working day more pleasant.
    don't be silly it's not going to be hot - this is clearly just left-wing lizard-people Iiluminati warmist propaganda - i mean it's not like they've got any evidence or anything is it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    don't be silly it's not going to be hot - this is clearly just left-wing lizard-people Iiluminati warmist propaganda - i mean it's not like they've got any evidence or anything is it?
    https://newsthump.com/2022/07/17/wis...o-climatology/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working from the garden.

As ever, it’s hilarious how much panic extreme weather causes in this country.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 18-07-2022 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Working from the garden.

As ever, it’s hilarious how much panic extreme weather causes in this country.
    My office space at home is on the side of the house where the sun isn't in the mornings, so at the moment it's fairly pleasant in here.
    That could change this afternoon, I might have to scurry to the other side of the house. Thinking of going into the office tomorrow to get into some air con.

And vaguely agreed about the panic, although this heat is unprecedented and we are not well set up for extreme weather in this country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

And vaguely agreed about the panic, although this heat is unprecedented and we are not well set up for extreme weather in this country.
    yes, it's the long-term implications that's the concern here, not just a bit of freakish weather - and when you say 'not set up' that's an understatement - it will effect food and water supply, people being able to travel to work and do manual jobs (not everyone can sit at a laptop under a gazebo in their garden)

and of course the more people turn to fans and air con then that drives up power use = more carbon = speeding up the big problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmists
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Warmists
    lol. Imagine believing experts and scientists and not some bloke on YouTube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’m not going to lie, I don’t really like any of you and by extension I don’t really care about your future or the future of your descendants. It’s nothing personal, I in fact think most human beings are frivolous. So whilst I think on balance man made climate change is a thing, in the light of idiots supergluing themselves to asphalt (they won’t try that today I wouldn’t have thought) I feel that humanity is far too banal for a climate failure which kills millions (and potentially billions) to be anything other than a good thing.