User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Reaction - monaco 0-2 ARSENAL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Wenger saying in his press conf that he wants the away goal removed from the CL.

How about defending properly.
    Doubt he raised it himself and was probably ushered into the quote by some hack, even so why not just say those are the rules and be done with it? Ten years ago when he was at the top of his game it was okay for him to have opinions on the fundamentals of the sport. But today he'd be a lot better off trying to get back to the top of his game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    As things stand Everton going to fall victim to the away goal rule too

Ha ha ha English clubs in Europe

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Maybe not, spectacular goal from Lukaku to be fair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-1 HT. Neverton!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Doubt he raised it himself and was probably ushered into the quote by some hack, even so why not just say those are the rules and be done with it? Ten years ago when he was at the top of his game it was okay for him to have opinions on the fundamentals of the sport. But today he'd be a lot better off trying to get back to the top of his game.
    It's not the first time he talked about away goals, so it' nothing new. Like the Ozil thing, that happened last year too with Ozil, don't remember which match, but again, it's nothing new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    It's not the first time he talked about away goals, so it' nothing new. Like the Ozil thing, that happened last year too with Ozil, don't remember which match, but again, it's nothing new.
    Yeah but I'm fed up with the injustice, unlucky, money, excuses angle all the time. I really believe our squad is top notch. If we can't compete at the top of the game with this squad then we have a real problem. Everyone knows you can get a bad ref or suffer a fluke or some other mishap, but over the course of a season and even over two legs in a Euro tie you shouldn't be looking for excuses. Put it another way, would he be complaining if we'd have gone through on the away goal? He might still disagree with it on principle but I doubt he'd be coming out the next day and mentioning it. Or with Arsene maybe he would. I'll give him this, he's consistent in his beliefs - to the point of the fans wanting to strangle him in terms of team selection and what happens on the pitch. I'm not saying he doesn't believe what he says but there's a time and a place for mentioning such things and when you have just lost it come across as a silly excuse even if it's not meant to be.

If he wins all his matches then he can say what he wants, can't he? Otherwise lock yourself away, keep quiet and find a way to win. Then start talking if you want to.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    So what is mail trying to say? Does or does not winter break make a different? Personally, I don't have an opinion on it. But the way they put the sentence, looking at stats it does make a different, but their sentence say it doesn't because they plays the same amount of game. WTF?!