Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatar 2022

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qatar 2022

Do you think it will actually happen there? Do you think they will change it to the winter, given the insane weather?

It seems sponsors are starting to break ranks and diplomatically voice concerns, I've seen Sony and Adidas do it so far. If enough of them start to baulk then maybe it will hit FIFA in the only way they recognise.... £££.

I think most people would be hard pressed to say brown envelopes weren't involved in the decision to give it to Qatar. (Saying that, Blatter's ego is such that he probably genuinely wants it there) It was so ludicrously blatant that maybe FIFA thought it would look almost too ridiculous to be corrupt.

Have even they over reached themselves awarding it to Qatar? Will they now row back and see if they can pin it on that Bin Hammam? Maybe even UEFA could kick up a fuss; Platini isn't too happy with Blatter over him not being dead seeking re-election so he might not have too much support amongst the traditional heavyweights. *Actually, he probably would cough PSG cough*

It is looking more and more like something will give though. Presumably any re vote for 2022 would involve the same nations (ie not England). If the first bid is anything to go by, USA would win it comfortably.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 08-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember which poster on here accused anyone who though the voting was rigged of being bitter?

Anyway, yeah, it obviously shouldn't be held there. The human rights record alone should see it hosted in the USA.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best take it away and re vote for it.

USA/Australia would be good bets to win I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure a World Cup "should" be held anywhere, but to my eyes Australia ticked all the boxes for 2022. Also worth noting that Qatar's interest actually came along quite late in the bidding process..make of that what you will.

I would still be amazed if the bid for 2022 is re-run though. We will be giving the old "no compelling evidence" line. Blatter might be an utter arse, but he isn't going to shot on his own doorstep...(puns intended all over the shop).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't they going to make the Euros spread across Europe?

Don't think it'd work for the world cup though, unless you say eg, 2018 Europe, 2022 Africa etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What needs to happen is FIFA being investigated by the relevant International criminal enforcement authorities and the guilty parties rounded up and jailed - as would happen if any regular guy took bribes and committed fraud. There's a danger here of equating the act of these criminals rowing back their decision with justice, like when a bankster is caught fixing the interest rates and pays 2% of the stolen total back as a fine. The crooks at FIFA may well have their grubby minds forcibly changed now their rock has been lifted, but what will that mean if there's no justice served? They will get their next series of bungs from elsewhere. The fact FIFA is corrupt is open knowledge, there's a mountain of evidence. These bastards can't be allowed to continue influencing a global sport to their own benefit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Qatar signed away the right to take legal action against FIFA as part of their bid. So I guess there's every chance FIFA could have a re-vote knowing they won't be opposed.

The whole thing is bent as fuck, a country like Qatar has no business hosting a World Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Apparently Qatar signed away the right to take legal action against FIFA as part of their bid. So I guess there's every chance FIFA could have a re-vote knowing they won't be opposed.

The whole thing is bent as fuck, a country like Qatar has no business hosting a World Cup.
    Wow

What a farce. Why would any legitimate bidder retract their right to take legal action

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blatter says the allegations of corruption against Qatar are down to racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Best take it away and re vote for it.

USA/Australia would be good bets to win I think.
    Travel too much little bit if they joint host shirley
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."