User Tag List

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Chelsea. Community Shield. 02/08/15, 15:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I should say, I don't question the need for us as fans to utterly want to win, or the attitude of the team going into it.....only the weighting/ramifications of the result. The games result will simply tells us much less than a competitive game would and on the whole in any case, most of us concede we need a forward out of the top draw, win or lose.... to compete for the PL and CL...... and after all, that is what we want to win isn't it?

Mourinho will not want to do anything other than smear shi* in our faces, I've no delusions otherwise. We got lucky with signing Cech.
    Those are the missing elements in the team many of us fans believe will make us real contenders - when we are coldly analysing everything on paper. Then there are the actual games, looking to the season with hope, without which it is pointless being a fan. There is no enjoyment to be had without any sense of positivity existing and it is that which keeps Division Two fans returning year on year as their teams slogs through another dire campaign.

So all our bickering about the team amounts to naught because while the fans attending games can help the team, it all starts on the pitch. So then you have to look at it from a players point of view, or as closely as we feasibly can. We can only relate to that through our own travails of human endeavour, how it feels to win, to lose. From our experiences what it took to hit those highs and lows. They are only men after all. Just living out a far more heightened competitive experience. So with that considered, if we think about how the effect of beating a huge competitor can influence their future victories, it seems sensible enough to assume that it becomes easier to do so next time, when it really matters. Mourinho wants to beat us because he knows ultimately it adds to their armoury, confidence and retains extra percentage of arrogance needed to stay right at the top. Vital ingredients needed for the season ahead, especially when you can rub a rivals face in the dirt before the Prem even starts.
    Last edited by Kano; 31-07-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our record against Mourinho has got to improve sometime and a win tomorrow would be huge in so many ways. When somebody had this record against you all these years and then you beat them, they start to fear you and respect you a lot more.

Really hope for a win, a loss would be really disappointing and would start our season under a bit of a cloud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my team would be:

-------Cech--------

Bellerin-Merts-Kos-Montreal

----Ramsey-----Coq

Ox-----Ozil--------Santi

--------Theo------

Wembley is a big pitch and we have runners so lets make the most of. I know for a fact that that the Chelsea defenders would rather play against Giroud than Theo, and they will be aware of his pace in behind and his ability to finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we need to beat these chavs and why is it so important?

Here's Maureen rubbing it in - on Wenger's inability to get a result against him.

‘If you were on the other end of it? I think I would ask myself why,’ said Mourinho.

‘I would try to answer it, but not because of a mental block, because I would want to try to find solutions to help my team to do it.

‘Try to find a different way, try to find the reasons why it goes all the time against my team.

‘Have I ever been on a run like that? No. I think I lost twice against Tony Pulis, I lost against Crystal Palace and against West Bromwich Albion. One game each.’
    We deprived Maureen of his trophy speech, "If I hadn't won a trophy in that long, blah, blah...", now we go after him on this and shove it back down his throat. He's up for this game, he wants that record intact. He'll have his players up for it too, they'll be under no illusions about the significance of this game. Here we set the tone for the rest of the season and for all those who have mentally lost before kick off, with their "has no bearing", "we won it last year but still didn't start well", bullshit - grow a pair.

Meanwhile, here's our manager:

‘It doesn’t bother me at all,’ insisted Wenger.

‘It’s a game that is important, but it is still preparation.

‘We want to win it and overall it can just give us that little bit more confidence before we go into the season.

‘Reading significance into every game is part of football now. We have to accept that every game is decided and judged as definite. But you know that in real life it is not like that.

‘The tribunal is out there and will draw conclusions from Sunday. But no matter, positive or negative, we have to continue our way and focus on ourselves.’
    You have to hope he's lying or joking, but if he's serious then this is why we don't win on the big stage - you can see it right here. And he should be fucking bothered about that record. Very bothered. And he'd best be planning to do something about it tomorrow in this "preparation" for something or another that he doesn't mention. The season I assume. Well the season starts tomorrow and if he doesn't understand that then we are already out of the title race.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fritzl fuckface.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged