0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Hopefully he plays soon then.
    Come on - you know you'd miss me X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers was our first choice RB early last season but then he got that pressing and agressiveness coached out of him since and he has become a bag of nerves.

I like Gabriel too, very aggresive, good positioning, fast and strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I like Gabriel, he has those aggressive, ball winning traits Koscielny has.

As for Chambers.

Horrific performance but he's only 20 and 4th choice, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but the spotlight is on him now. Trouble is, when will he play again? League Cup? The odd game here and there if injuries mount up? I don't think it's the last time we'll be talking about him for the wrong reasons.
    The problem these days is that the youngsters have to take their chances when presented. A bit like Belerin did. To be honest being at Arsenal he's likely to be given more a chance because our manager doesn't believe in spending on the quality required & from a guy that used to play Eboue every week rather than buy a decent right back, Chambers still has a chance. To be honest, if the lad had got booed last night it would have probably meant a place in the starting line up as we all know that Wenger hates to be told when he is wrong.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Chambers needs games, I think he was also playing in the wrong position, he should have been on the left side of central defence and Gabriel on the right side.

Also when he played with Mertesacker or Koscielny he looked more confident but when your centre back partner can't communicate with you it doesn't help.

It could be that he's proved to be a terrible buy, but too soon to tell think if Wenger rotated more we'd have a better sense of his ability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers was an odd signing, Wenger seemed to get on the Southampton player signing bandwagon that went on and signed a player noone was really picking out as anything special, thought it was an odd signing when we made it, hopefully he'll come good.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Chambers was an odd signing, Wenger seemed to get on the Southampton player signing bandwagon that went on and signed a player noone was really picking out as anything special, thought it was an odd signing when we made it, hopefully he'll come good.
    We were linked with Chambers as I remember at least six months before we signed him so I think it's more than that. Whether he amounts to anything I don't know. I think he has got good defensive quality but can be impetuous.
    I don't see him becoming a first choice centre back but given games he's a good squad option.

Gabriel I think is quality, really tough tackler....good reader of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Chambers and hope that he turns out into a brilliant signing, but what are you going to do at 20 years of age with a CB partner who you cannot communicate with? IF we are ever in a position we are coasting through a game, I'd sub Kos or Per out and have him get used to positioning and getting comfortable with the way the team plays.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers will end up like Senderos if not careful. A promising start with solid performances but then the infrequent appearances just killed his confidence. He needs to take his opportunity when it arrives otherwise it will just compound his problems because he'll be out of the team as soon as the regular starter is fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plus side is that I still think we will finish above United and Liverpool unless United sign some players in the next week.

Thought Coq was great, a fraction later with those tackles and he would have been sent off but they were incredibly well made. Cech kept us in it proving his worth now and the Benteke save wasn't one where the ball hit the keeper but you see Cechs hand move to make the save from that short distance.

Giroud I just don't like. he didn't touch the ball in the first half and spends more time moaning than doing anything productive. I think as we wont be signing a new striker we need Welbeck back as I think him and Sanchez will harry and harass the back four so that we can play higher up the pitch. the Ox should be playing too he was our best player when he comes on and against Chelsea. He does make defensive mistakes but should your right attacking forward really always be relied on to defend outside the 18 yard box.

We do need to rotate players a bit more too, as when they are called upon in emergencies they have had very little match time. So how what do we really expect to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ox has been benched for taking shots. So I suppose they got the message.
    He's been benched for not being good.