User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool obsession?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liverpool obsession?

Is anyone else getting fed up with obsequious and nauseating media obsession with Liverpool? There is a story about how Klopp is the unluckiest manager in football because he has lost 5 cup finals. Most managers (and teams) never make it to a sigle cup final, let alone 5! Also, perhaps he is just not that good a manager given that his teams have lost 5 finals on the trot.

I wonder what are the odds of Liverpool being picked as a favourite for the title next season by most of the pundits (especially the former Liverpool players).
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people on here tipping them for the title next season.

Hell, some on here even called them favourites this season!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are favorites for the title next season
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Is anyone else getting fed up with obsequious and nauseating media obsession with Liverpool? There is a story about how Klopp is the unluckiest manager in football because he has lost 5 cup finals. Most managers (and teams) never make it to a sigle cup final, let alone 5! Also, perhaps he is just not that good a manager given that his teams have lost 5 finals on the trot.

I wonder what are the odds of Liverpool being picked as a favourite for the title next season by most of the pundits (especially the former Liverpool players).
    They'll do better than last season in the league but Liverpool are probably one of my most hated clubs.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like it tbf.

And he's not that good a manager now?

OK then.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 19-05-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    I quite like it tbf.

OK then.
    You're only as good as your cup finals.

That's the most important metric that I've just invented.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    I quite like it tbf.

OK then.
    I did not write that he was not a good manager; I just wrote that he might be as good as some people have been making him out to be. Just go back and read the comments/opinions about Liverpool since Klopp became manager.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool won't win the league but I don't see why they won't challenge for the top 4, particularly now they don't have Europe to contend with. The players obviously enjoy playing for Klopp and he's managed to raise the game of some underperforming ones as well. He'll relish his first pre-season and opportunity to sign his own players, not to mention weeding out the current ones that are no good for him.

I think the most important thing though is that he's lifted the fans and given them something to believe in for the time being, which is what you want from any manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will need to sign about 5 world class players to really challenge for the title. They have too many average players IMO, the likes of Lallana, Milner, Can, Moreno, Henderson etc are mediocre at best and you can't win big titles with those players starting every week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this season shows us that it's not all about money and having world class players.

It's about good management, having a balanced team, and a desire to succeed. Having good players is obviously part of that, but Klopp is a decent manager, and if he can organise Liverpool and add a bit of quality, why can't they challenge for the title?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.