User Tag List

Page 2 of 956 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    I have cut out the extraneous stuff to clarify things a bit.

Can someone please provide a proper explanation why it is a good idea to buy one 30-year-old journeyman player who has played for 5 teams in the last 14 years, got 5 national caps, played a grand total of 17 games in European competitions, and whose team has just been relegated; yet is not a good idea to buy another 30-year-old journeyman player who with his 6th team in 14 years, got 21 national caps and played 50 European games with 5 goals?
    Yeah, Parker's a good player and a comitted pro, and Squillaci (is that who you are talking about) is a pile of shit. That simple really. Our team lacks desire, professionalism, a winning mentality, leadership, committment to the cause, Parker brings all these things. We used to have players like Parker, the Petits, Vierias, now we have nobody with these essential attributes - at least nobody who has the experience to go along with it or can produce more than 20-25 appearnaces in a season. Note I also said we had to get rid of Wenger or there's no point bringing in anyone at all. Bringing in winners to be lead by a loser would be a waste of time. So absolutely, Wenger and all the shit he's brought into the club needs to go and proper players and a proper manager need to come in. It's a pretty obvious fix really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to post the following headline: Wenger refuses to spend big despite faltering finish from the News Now site. What struck me was how this "negative" headline was created from a pretty sensible statement by Wenger. His actual comment was "We cannot buy players for £50m and, even if we try to strengthen our team and spend money if needed, that is fact. We will try to do the right thing and buy the right players." The way I read that is the club will buy players but they cannot afford to buy players in the region of Ronaldo, Torres and Kaka.

Realistically, how many people believe that Arsenal should buy players at that price?
    Wenger is being typically disingenuous. Nobody is asking him to buy £50mill players, we all know that's an impossibility given the lack of ambition in the boardroom and the manager's office. But it wouldn't have cost £50mill to bring in a decent CB, or a half decent striker. We ended up paying something like £13mill for Kos, Squill and Chamkah and then their wages on top. So we can afford to throw £13mill down the darin but we can't afford to spend an extra £2mill getting a player like Alonso, or a miserable £1mill extra for a keeper,or £13-14mill on a decent DB - half of what Utd spend. It doesn't make sense, Wenger is just full of shit and making stupid excuses that don't mesure up to the realities - again.

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours that Clichy is in talks with Inter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a reason why Parker has played most of his career for teams like Norwich, Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham. He managed a grand total of 15 games for Chelsea. Yes, he has played well this season but how much of that has been because he has been playing for a team that was 7 points adrift of safety, lost 50% of its games and conceded 70 goals. As for the winning mentality: In the last 10 seasons, Parker has been involved in 3 seasons where the team has had more wins than loses.

Sorry, while agree that Arsenal need new players, Scott Parker would not be my choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjackofwilshere View Post
    Rumours that Clichy is in talks with Inter
    A couple of years back that would have bothered me. Now I look at these losers and just laugh as they scuttle for the exit. They take the money, deliver nothing in return and then moan about wanting to go somehwhere else to win trophies. Funny, I thought that's what they were supposed to be doing here. What makesthem think they'll be any better at it elsewhere, or are they hoping to get carried again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a reason why Parker has played most of his career for teams like Norwich, Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham. He managed a grand total of 15 games for Chelsea. Yes, he has played well this season but how much of that has been because he has been playing for a team that was 7 points adrift of safety, lost 50% of its games and conceded 70 goals. As for the winning mentality: In the last 10 seasons, Parker has been involved in 3 seasons where the team has had more wins than loses.

Sorry, while agree that Arsenal need new players, Scott Parker would not be my choice.
    That's fine, we all have an opinion. But Parker has attracted more opinions than most, particularly from his peers. From where I'm standing he looks like the perfect choice to add some steel to our pansy outfit. Plus his circumstances are ideal, already based in London and too good to go down. It would be an easy deal, something that could be wrapped up quickly rather than dragged out all summer. We've seen what we get when we bring in these European and South American "wonder kids", nothing much. We're still lamenting the lack of leadership on the pitch and allowing sensitive little darlings time to "settle in" and get used to the food and weather while we suffer the consequences as a club. Parker carries none of that baggage and could get straight down to action. Certainly works for me. Plus it's about time we stopped lying to ourselves about how "cultured" we are as a team. Half our players can;t even pass the ball 5 yards any more, not consistently anyway. Frankly we're greatly over-rated and living on past glories. It could be argued that Scott Parker is too good for us and has better options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Wenger wont be buying anyone this summer due to the new Goonersweb Forum. Apparently it's so good it's "like a new signing"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just need someone...or four...

www.stopwar.org.uk

שלום עליכם

Twitter.com/@GregCross82

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another mediocre rat is prepared to leave the ship!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...946397,00.html

With Bendtner and Denilson gone, that would make this one of our best transfer seasons in recent memory. If we can fool someone into paying £10-15m for the both of them, we could consider buying a half decent player but then reconsider because the market, in which we sold Denilson and Bendtner at inflated prices, is in fact inflated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on Parker. He's getting up in age a bit and may not necessarily have the supreme technical abilities of a Fabregas or Nasri, but we need less of that now and more commitment and leadership. That's what is lacking the most. This team likes to talk commitment and leadership but that talk dissipates on the pitch. They try hard and do reasonably well when things are going fine, but leadership and commitment come to the fore when things don't go your way and things aren't easy.

So yeah, buy Parker. He'd cost less than what we'd get for Denilson and Bendtner but would do a great deal more to make us succesful on the pitch.