Page 503 of 956 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Persie View Post
    At the moment we aren't a big club. There's the big 3 (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea) and the smaller pack of teams capable of getting the 4th champions league spot (Us, Liverpool, Tottenham).
    We're a far bigger club than City. So are Spurs, while we're at it.
    There's far more to being a big clu than having a sugar daddy and throwing silly money around.
    Being a big club is about history and fan base and lots of things which City don't have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We are not an in-between club, we are a top, top club. We are in the in-between market. City, Chelsea, Utd and anyone else who finished above us are in the financial doping market. And we are in the waiting period. And nobody will be leaving the club, that is for sure.
    Also, you have to factor in we're travelling on sweat whilst the others are on petrol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But we're not a big club now according to our manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesbo.

No room for lesbos. Credit to Arsene for rooting out the cross-dressers tbf.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I can imagine the "you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that" quote is going to define wenger until he leaves.
    Well, you can if you buy to replace.

If we don't then...well, the only explanation I can think of is that the financial situation isn't as rosy as presented. I just don't believe Wenger would sell our best players without replacing unless there was something seriously going wrong at the club, something which I don't think it entirely all in his hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post

If we don't then...well, the only explanation I can think of is that the financial situation isn't as rosy as presented. I just don't believe Wenger would sell our best players without replacing unless there was something seriously going wrong at the club, something which I don't think it entirely all in his hands.
    I thought you'd seen the light!!

Did you not see him say he'd spend £40m on one player two days ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even if wenger was thinking to buy some great players (as opposed to a couple of promising semi-proven-in-a-shit-league) it would be nearly impossible now because no good club is going to let their star players leave so close to the start of their season.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk...m-ligue-1-star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to meet Lille’s £26m asking price for their attacking midfielder Eden Hazard, according to L’Equipe.

The French publication claims that Ligue 1 outfit Lille are bracing themselves for an approach from Arsenal who could be finally set to spend big and break their record transfer fee.

The Gunners have already snapped up Hazard’s former team mate Gervinho and now the Belgian is heading the list of priorities for Wenger.

Meanwhile, with Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri set to leave the Emirates, Mexican Carlos Vela has also left the club to join Real Sociedad on a season-long loan.
    http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/foo...striker-10085/

The agent of Lazio striker Mauro Zarate is reportedly in London to hold talks with Arsenal and Tottenham over a possible move to the Premier League for his client.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the Argentina international's brother and agent Sergio Zarate was in London on Tuesday for discussions with the Gunners and it is thought they are his preferred choice.

It is also claimed Tottenham are keen on Zarate with manager Harry Redknapp eager to hold discussions over a possible move.

Redknapp's main priority this summer is the signing of a top-class striker following the shortcomings of his current forwards last season. They managed just 18 league goals between them and while Spurs are determined to sign a new striker, they are restricted by financial limitations.

Missing out on the Champions League means they have not spent in the off-season but they do have the option to sell Luka Modric to Chelsea and use the reported £30m to reinvest in the squad.

However, Arsenal are reportedly favourties for his signature with £18m-rated Zarate being lined up as a possible replacement for the exit-bound Nicklas Bendtner.

The 24-year-old, who has previous Premier League experience with Birmingham City, could be set to leave Lazio after the club's sporting director Igli Tare failed to confirm he would be saying.

He said: “Zarate’s future? We’ll see what happens.”
    http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport...-defender.html

According to reports Arsenal defender Ignasi Miquel is interesting Bolton Wanderers.

It is understood that the young Gunner has been linked with Wanderers.

However, it seems Wanderers boss Owen Coyle will face competition from League Two side Crewe Alexandra.

The Daily Mail claims Arsenal's young Spanish defender is a loan target for Crewe boss Dario Gradi.

The 19-year-old is captain of Arsenal's reserves team.
    I wonder if there is still a chance of a player plus cash deal for Cahill, if they reall want Miquel?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Did you not see him say he'd spend £40m on one player two days ago?
    He said he would if it was the right player, not just for the same of spending that much.
    Whether he's able to...I dunno. I thought our financials were OK but Wenger clearly can't think our squad is good enough. The idea that someone as good as he clearly is not being able to see which every single fan can see is ludicrous. Something else is going on IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lengths you go to defend this guy.

He's made some amateur errors before, for example not playing Arshavin in the cup, sticking with calamities for years.....you'd think he was some sort of genius the way you talk about him sometimes.

He doesn't like spending money, his youth policy and complaints about other clusb and their finances pretty much points to that.

Just look at some of the stuff he comes out with as well, he may not be an idiot but he certainly acts like one.
    Last edited by Özim; 18-08-2011 at 09:07 AM.