User Tag List

Page 52 of 956 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
    I personally have a feeling we're going to see a lot more of Chamakh next season
    I hate the negativity on here at the moment, but I'm afraid I think you are correct - we'll see a lot of Chamakh next year.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Puts our wage structure into perspective.
    Yep, shows how ridiculous Citeh's is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I hate the negativity on here at the moment, but I'm afraid I think you are correct - we'll see a lot of Chamakh next year.
    If that happens we are serious shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona have offered 20-year-old midfield wonderkid Thiago Alcantara to Arsenal in the hope of persuading Arsene Wenger to part with captain Cesc Fabregas in a deal worth £50 million, according to the Mirror.

The youngster, son of former Brazil and Barcelona player Mazinho, is regarded as one of the most gifted prospects to come through the Catalans' illustrious youth academy in recent years, and has shone in Spain's youth ranks at both the Under-21 European Championships and the Under-20 World Cup.

But Thiago has found it difficult competing with the likes of Xavi and Andres Iniesta for first team opportunities with the Spanish giants this term, and manager Pep Guardiola is now thought to be willing to let him leave if he can tempt Fabregas back to Camp Nou.

Arsenal boss Wenger remains determined to keep hold of his captain despite Barcelona's long-standing interest in the 24-year-old as he looks to finally end the Gunners' six-year long trophy drought next season.

The problem of replacing Fabregas means the Frenchman is understood to be reluctant to let his playmaker leave the Emirates Stadium even if the La Liga champions meet his £40m asking price, but the additional offer of a promising talent such as Thiago could yet persuade him to sell.

Reports in Spain had earlier suggested that Wenger met the Catalan youngster for talks while Barcelona were in London for the ChampionsLeaguefinal last month as both parties weigh up the deal.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...as-part-of-50m

Rather take the money tbh.

Not more youngsters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Not more youngsters
    Barcelona's Thiago Alcantara will not be heading to Arsenal as part of a deal for Cesc Fabregas, according to the youngster's father.
    The Catalan giants are expected to launch yet another move for the Gunners midfield star in the summer and reports had suggested they would offer Alcantara as part of a £50million player-plus-cash deal.
    The 20-year-old struggled to break into the Barca side last season but his father, former Brazil international Mazinho, believes Alcantara has a place at Camp Nou and is a part of boss Pep Guardiola's plans for the 2011/2012 campaign.
    "We have seen the news in the papers, but I believe that Thiago is in the plans of Guardiola for next season," Mazinho told EFE.
    "My son stays at Barcelona. They have a contract and we have decided it's continuity.
    "Thiago is developing and needs to evolve.
    "This season was important, but next season could be better."
    http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...lcantara.aspx?
    Yeah, it's bullshit tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If that happens we are serious shit.
    We're already in serious shit. It's only the inertia that's keeping the illusion alive. Arsenal is like Crazy Coyote, we've slowly walked backwards over the years and eventually walked off the cliff edge, and we're in that comedy pause before we plunge.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Cole is off to spuds for 3mill apparently...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Good news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should let Cesc go tbh, otherwise this tedious saga will carry on every season, with Cesc pining for Barca every year and behaving as if he's doing us a favour by playing for us. Moreover, given that his performances have been substandard this season, it seems clear he's disillusioned with the club and its direction (although he shouldn't forget he must take a lot of responsibility for our lack of success over the last 5 seasons) I say we sell Cesc, get a top quality replacement in and perhaps that could signal a more flexible style of football that is more suited to winning trophies. Cesc is a very good player, but at times he was part of the problem in terms of us going down blind alleys and unable to change our way of playing in response to different circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Not more youngsters
    That's how they'll do it, take £20-25mill plus another "wonderkid" who ends up either delivering nothing or getting sold on in 2 years because we can't afford the wages. That will be the £54m. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him back to Barca because he had Barca in his DNA. It would mark us out as the ultimate feeder club which is what the board and manager seem to want.
    Für eure Sicherheit