User Tag List

Page 1 of 956 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has suggested that he is willing to negotiate a transfer for England international Gary Cahill who has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks.

Cahill has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal in the summer who are dire need of a central defender.

It had been expected that Coyle would fight hard to keep his star defender but the Scot has suggested that he is willing to negotiate his transfer provided the club receives a significant fee.

When questioned on the hard task of keeping Cahill this summer he told Sky Sports: “It’s not a task as such because if somebody comes in and its good business for the football club then it’s something we have to look at.”

Coyle revealed that it would not be fair to keep a player against his will at a club and as long as he has replacements lined up then any player can be free to leave for the right money.

He added: “Wherever I’ve been I’ve never worried about that because if somebody comes in and it’s the right fee or its good business. Ultimately you have to be fair with the player as well.

“What I do know if that is the case then we have to make sure that we’ve got targets lined up that can come in, replace whoever it is and look to take the club on and improve it.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ported-arsenal
    Last edited by The Wengerbabies; 10-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Arsenal fans favourite thread and time of year!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if it was us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carl Jenkinson to replace Clichy?
    Alvarez possibly in too to add to our stable of playmakers on the wing.
    Maybe a striker?
    Man City will probably sign Gary Cahill for £17m and stockpile him among all their central defenders, just because they can. If they're in for him, we have no chance (they did spend £18m on De Jong, when he was available for £1.8m 6 months later).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance we're signing a centre back unless Squid is sold and then I doubt it would be someone high profile like Cahill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another summer another Buffon link

Roma have not lined up a deal to land Gianluigi Buffon in the summer.

The future of the Italian international goalkeeper has been of some speculation of late, yet most reports have linked him with a move to England.

Both Arsenal and Manchester United are keen to land a new number one when the window reopens, and they would love to take the 33-year-old.

Latest reports, though, claim the Giallorossi are in pole position to sign Buffon, but the agent of the Juventus star has rubbished claims a deal is on the cards.

“The rumours are absolutely false. In terms of Gigi to Roma we had no contact,” Silvano Martina, who is a close friend of Roma’s sporting director Walter Sabatini, told Romanews.

Get all the latest news on your club. Visit 360 Football, the best football news aggregator on the web!

http://www.fansfc.com/story/32424.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have signed Cahill in January, story was he was available at £12m but Wenger was still doing his TV will be back routine. The deal for Parker should already be in the bag, wtf are they waiting for? The last match ended hours ago, just pay whatever the asking price is and be done with it. Looks like Denilson is gone, so that's a massive plus.

Cesc is gone too so we'll have to rely on Wilshere and Ramsey to hold down that spot between them, it'll be good to have Parker sitting in behind them. I'm just a bit nervous we haven't signed him yet though. The most obvious signing in the history of all football, West Ham relegated, Arsenal need a player who gives a fuck, done deal. Or it should be.

Then either Samba or Jagielka, sell Squillaci, keep Kos as 5th choice, JD as 4th, TV as 3rd. That would be solid enough. We could also do with replacing both our fullbacks, they give us less than zero overall, Sagna is an average defender but less than useless going forward, Clichy is just useless, Gibbs is going backwards. Any old pair of FBs from the PL would be a big improvement.

Brad Friedel would do me for a GK, he's available and a good pro. Or go back for Schwarzer.

Then we need a proper professional up front to work with RvP. We'd have a spine then, in more ways than one.

Wenger out, obviously, and anyone with a bit of PL experience in to steady the ship. Someone who understands what defending is so our new signings wouldn't be completely wasted. Make it a short term signing so we can look around for the longer term replacement.

So we'll be raiding the lower French leagues again I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's gold in them there French leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    ... The deal for Parker should already be in the bag, wtf are they waiting for? The last match ended hours ago, just pay whatever the asking price is and be done with it. ...

... it'll be good to have Parker sitting in behind them. I'm just a bit nervous we haven't signed him yet though. The most obvious signing in the history of all football, West Ham relegated, Arsenal need a player who gives a fuck, done deal. Or it should be.

So we'll be raiding the lower French leagues again I suppose.
    I have cut out the extraneous stuff to clarify things a bit.

Can someone please provide a proper explanation why it is a good idea to buy one 30-year-old journeyman player who has played for 5 teams in the last 14 years, got 5 national caps, played a grand total of 17 games in European competitions, and whose team has just been relegated; yet is not a good idea to buy another 30-year-old journeyman player who with his 6th team in 14 years, got 21 national caps and played 50 European games with 5 goals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to post the following headline: Wenger refuses to spend big despite faltering finish from the News Now site. What struck me was how this "negative" headline was created from a pretty sensible statement by Wenger. His actual comment was "We cannot buy players for £50m and, even if we try to strengthen our team and spend money if needed, that is fact. We will try to do the right thing and buy the right players." The way I read that is the club will buy players but they cannot afford to buy players in the region of Ronaldo, Torres and Kaka.

Realistically, how many people believe that Arsenal should buy players at that price?