User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arsenal in move for Didier Drogba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    I'd heard on the ol' grapevine that Bendtner is going the other way as part of the deal.

Worst.

Deal.

Ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Well that's blatantly not true, we hadn't gone 6 years without a trophy then...moreover Gallas was desperate to leave the window was about to close and we were his only option.

We don't know what he's thinking obviously, but he's a winner and I can't see him being interested in playing for a club who aren't.
    What is blatently not true?
    I said
    "Gallas came to us from there" - obviously true.
    "and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time." - is this the part you dispute?
    Gallas came to us in the summer of 2006.
    Chelsea were champions and had been the previous season too.
    Arsenal had won nothing and had just finished on 67 points, our lowest tally in a decade, and had only just scraped into the top 4 on the last day of the season.
    So yes. It is true.
    All the reasons you cite for Drogba not wanting to come to us could have equally be said of Gallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    I'd heard on the ol' grapevine that Bendtner is going the other way as part of the deal.
    Now I know this cant be serious
    lets hope a deal gets done before their new manager lands, or lets pray he doesnt know who Nic is
    chances are that we could get more out of 2 goods years of Drogba than a whole career of Nic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    What is blatently not true?
    I said
    "Gallas came to us from there" - obviously true.
    "and it was arguably to a less successful club at the time." - is this the part you dispute?
    Gallas came to us in the summer of 2006.
    Chelsea were champions and had been the previous season too.
    Arsenal had won nothing and had just finished on 67 points, our lowest tally in a decade, and had only just scraped into the top 4 on the last day of the season.
    So yes. It is true.
    All the reasons you cite for Drogba not wanting to come to us could have equally be said of Gallas.
    I'm disputing the success part, as I said we hadn't gone 6 years without a trophy. One bad season (where we got to the CL final incidentally) is not the same as 6 bad ones without success.

Also Drogba will have other options, Gallas didn't have seeing as it was the end of the transfer window so the same reasons don't apply to both.

In 2005 we won the FA Cup as well so Gallas didn't think he was coming to a club happy to be 4th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Now I know this cant be serious
    lets hope a deal gets done before their new manager lands, or lets pray he doesnt know who Nic is
    chances are that we could get more out of 2 goods years of Drogba than a whole career of Nic
    Knowing our luck nic will go to the chavs and look world class while drogba under aw will looka shell of himself lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Knowing our luck nic will go to the chavs and look world class while drogba under aw will looka shell of himself lol
    word

seriously tho worth a punt if there is any truth in the rumour (which there isn't me thinks!)

have RvP playing behind and we could be looking at Bergkamp/Wrighty Mark II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THis hasnt appeared yet but rumours about Moussa Sisokho have started to appear