Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1588

Thread: Fabregas goes to Barca for £35million

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    correct. practically a centre-forward. a position he could never get away with in a good league.
    He's not really getting away with it at Barcelona; it's not exactly what Guardiola wants. I wouldn't say he is playing as a centre-forward but he is popping up everywhere hence why he has been called 'anarchic'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Id rather have £40m+ which clubs would have paid.

As soon as Cesc stated his desire to leave then he should have been put on the market. We shouldnt have given a toss about where he wanted to go. We should have looked after ourselves and got the best price possible. Barca would have paid £40m. Of that there is no doubt but Wenger is an awful manager these days
    your right we shouldnt have given a toss where he wanted to go but that would never have worked. he even said he spoke to madrid but never wanted to go. yes someone like juvenetus could have come in and offered him millions and paid us 100m but he wouldnt accept it. he only wanted to go to barca so we had no one to bid against cos the whole fucking world knew he would only play for us and barca

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would have still gone to Barca because like i said, once we put him on the market and other clubs made £40m+ bids then Barca would have done the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a matter of not spending £35m vs not spending £50m I'm not sure the difference isn't academic.

Even if they had been willing to go that high, would the extra millions have made been spent or pocketed?

And if the latter, how does that help us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    He would have still gone to Barca because like i said, once we put him on the market and other clubs made £40m+ bids then Barca would have done the same.
    no they wouldnt, other clubs could bid what they like and we could accept but cesc wouldnt agree terms making it void, barca knew this hence why they wouldnt bid upwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He's not really getting away with it at Barcelona; it's not exactly what Guardiola wants. I wouldn't say he is playing as a centre-forward but he is popping up everywhere hence why he has been called 'anarchic'.
    Watched some of the first half and for the first time in a while I saw Barcelona not really functioning. Maybe Cesc slows their play down too much.

He was absolutely busting a gut though.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Watched some of the first half and for the first time in a while I saw Barcelona not really functioning. Maybe Cesc slows their play down too much.

He was absolutely busting a gut though.
    I dunno, I thought they played ok. Defensively they were as bad I have seen them though (in the first half). I guess it helps that is Messi going apeshit on providing assists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I dunno, I thought they played ok. Defensively they were as bad I have seen them though (in the first half). I guess it helps that is Messi going apeshit on providing assists.
    I hear they improved in the second half though I couldn't really comment on that. From what I could see, by their own high standards I think they struggled to get their triangles going.

Valencia closed down really well though, and they have some very good players, ripped Barcelona open down the left, and I think we've been linked with that Benega fella before. Albelda was a rock, I think we 'almost' signed him as well, back in the day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we can put an offer in next summer for him back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this shite ass saga still being discussed? Is it going to be bumped everytime he scores?

He's gone, the money hasn't been spent anyway so I can't see what another 10m would have done.

On we go.