User Tag List

Page 2 of 159 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabregas goes to Barca for £35million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    35 million these days isn't much, but then they also got Villa at a reduced fee.

At the end of the day he's one of our two star players, if we sold him for that the value of each and every other player we have will be measured against that.

Think he's worth more seeing as he's been such a key player, but we've been known to sell key players for surprisingly low amounts, especially after getting one more year out of them.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £35m plus david villa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    If we're not getting more than 35mil, I'll be pissed off. But I can't see we'd let him go so cheaply.

Secondly, we are over-reliant on him. It's about time we started playing as a team, creating chances from other positions. We're so one-dimensional when he's on the field it's untrue...and this has been our problem for a long time. I'm not fussed if he goes....we're too slow in our current game, becuase it's all based around him. We'll never use the pace of Theo, and to a degree Arshavin etc with Fabregas in the side. We're too continental.

I'd much rather we got the ball forward quicker, rather than pussy-footing around with passing backwards and forwards to Febregas. He's a brilliant player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the answer to Arsenals problems, because a lot of them stem from his inclusion in the team.

He's not a captain, and we're better suited playing a different game in the Prem.

Also, mark my words. The geezer's hammys are fucked. He'll be dead in a few years. Seriously, I think he's burnt out like Owen was. Once you do your hamstrings, they keep going and never properly heal.
    Thing is boss, look how good we were at the end of the season without him...

We need this kind of player, while i accept it might not be the man himself we need a creative, up for it, world class ball player and ic ant see us picking one up for £35mil thats for sure.

I agree about his hamstrings but this will be the first summer since 2007 he has had a full holiday, 4 years FFS its no wonder he looks knackered.

As someone above says it should be at least £50mil, if blody Andy Carrol is worth £35 Cesc is at least £50 including GHEL tax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    £35m plus david villa
    Apparently if you believe the reports they're touting him out to Chelsea and Man City, we've not been mentioned. If these reports are true then you can only assume they don't want to include him in a PX deal (thinking they'll get less than he's worth from us), we're not inerested, or he's just not interested in playing for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Thing is boss, look how good we were at the end of the season without him...

We need this kind of player, while i accept it might not be the man himself we need a creative, up for it, world class ball player and ic ant see us picking one up for £35mil thats for sure.

I agree about his hamstrings but this will be the first summer since 2007 he has had a full holiday, 4 years FFS its no wonder he looks knackered.

As someone above says it should be at least £50mil, if blody Andy Carrol is worth £35 Cesc is at least £50 including GHEL tax
    No I agree on the price. Bloody right too.

However; We'll never learn to play without him, until we play without him, if you get my meaning. Yes, we miss him when he's not playing, but that's because we rely on him too much...especially when you play the passing game we do. In order to play that style you need a fabregas....but I don't think we should be playing the way we do...

i) because Barca have shown us that you need at least 4 Fabregas's in your side to make it successful
    ii) We have so many other talented players which are NEVER used to their full potential because passy pass isn't suitable to them....which is a massive waste
    iii) We have been worked out time and time again. Teams know how to play against it...and as Barca have shown, unless you can play that high quality 100% of the time, it doesn't work

We need to suck it up.

Yes. He's one of the best in the world.

But. We shouldn't be scared of trying something new. I would have thought that was obvious to all and sundry right now. We need a change.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    You dont care if one of the best midfielders in teh world wanders out the door for far less than he is worth to a champions league rival when we have a massive gap in talent between him and the rest of our midfield and with a manager who hates spending money and probably wont buy a replacement?
    I don't think it's far less than he's worth (yes, some clubs are throwing silly money around but in the real world he's not worth more IMO).
    Anywhere he goes will be a CL rival, he's not going to sign for Spurs is he?
    And I don't agree we have a gap talent between him and the rest of our midfield at all. We've played large parts of recent seasons without him when he's had injuries and results haven't suffered. We'll be fine, don't you worry your pretty little head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .We shouldn't be scared of trying something new. I would have thought that was obvious to all and sundry right now. We need a change.
    tis funny but i was talking to a mate the other night who is a wolves fan and he made the point we have the players to actually make a very good 3-5-2 with wing backs team. It would make us stronger at the back while giving Clichy and Sagna the license to roam forward but having cover for them at the back.

I agreed but couldnt see us doing it as Fabregas would have to play a different game.

Ideally we should change formation and tactics but keep our best players of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we should change formation and tactics, but I don't think Fabregas will ever speed up his game.

We need more thrust from the middle than he gives us. I think Ramsey/Wilshire will fill that role eventually, but they need a couple of years yet. The reason being is that Ramsey spots a long pass early, and Wilshire can do that forward running with the ball.

If we get rid of Fabregas we have two players that will do the job comfortably. Yes they may not be quite as good as Fab, but they'll do the job better IMO. It's just like saying Park for Utd isn't as good as Nani....but he does the job.....mind you I think Wilshire will be just as good as Cesc eventually.

If we get rid of Cesc, we may need cover, but we don't need a 50mil player to do that. We just need to keep hold of Nasri/Arshavin, or draft in someone comfortable on the ball....preferably with more pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add.

Yes we may miss him for a bit. But you adapt. Whilst he's still at the club, we saw no reason to adapt, even when he's out of the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add.

Yes we may miss him for a bit. But you adapt. Whilst he's still at the club, we saw no reason to adapt, even when he's out of the side.

I just hope Nasri isnt holding out to see if Fabregas goes before he commits or we could end up losing both of them