Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    we got to a Cup Final and finished 4th.
    Exactly what we did 6 years....

No improvement since then

And that is why people want him gone cos we arent showing any improvement. Whilst our decline isnt a major one at the moment, we are still top 4 after all, it is still a decline and how long do we go before we do something to put a stop to it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Exactly what we did 6 years....

No improvement since then

And that is why people want him gone cos we arent showing any improvement. Whilst our decline isnt a major one at the moment, we are still top 4 after all, it is still a decline and how long do we go before we do something to put a stop to it?
    No. No improvement but no decline either. How is doing the same as 6 years ago a decline? Especially when in between times we did better (points wise, at least). It's stagnation is what it is.
    And it's massively frustrating, especially when I really think this squad are capable of more.

But when you consider how hard other clubs have tried to break into the top 4, how much money they've spent to leapfrog us. For all his faults Wenger has seen them all off except Chelsea and now City who we really can't compete with while they have effectively infinite resources.

This is where my conflict lies. In some ways he's done brilliantly to keep us top 4. In other ways he's made baffling, repeated mistakes which have stopped a very talented squad from achieving its potential. It's a maddening combination.

But Wenger isn't suddenly the clueless muppet some on here make out, we wouldn't still be top 4 were that so.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. No improvement but no decline either. How is doing the same as 6 years ago a decline? Especially when in between times we did better (points wise, at least). It's stagnation is what it is.
    And it's massively frustrating, especially when I really think this squad are capable of more.

But when you consider how hard other clubs have tried to break into the top 4, how much money they've spent to leapfrog us. For all his faults Wenger has seen them all off except Chelsea and now City who we really can't compete with while they have effectively infinite resources.

This is where my conflict lies. In some ways he's done brilliantly to keep us top 4. In other ways he's made baffling, repeated mistakes which have stopped a very talented squad from achieving its potential. It's a maddening combination.

But Wenger isn't suddenly the clueless muppet some on here make out, we wouldn't still be top 4 were that so.
    The decline is from going from a title winning side to what we are now.

We have stood still the past 6 years and if you stand still, you ultimately go backwards cos other teams will pass you as City have done.

Liverpool are spending big money to get back there and Spuds will challenge as well. Wenger has to do much more than what he is doing at the moment which is nothing btw to keep us in the top 4.

Can he do it? I dont trust he can

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We couldn't have done anything about City. We should have finished above them this year but if they keep throwing silly money around they'll ultimately establish themselves in the top 4 above us, there's very little we can do about a club who have effectively infinite resources.

Liverpool and Spurs have spent big in the past in an attempt to leapfrog us and failed. Wenger saw them off before, I believe he'll do so again. As for him doing nothing, you know that's not true. He's obviously not sitting in his office all day browsing Facebook. I'm sure he'll have a busy summer, forget the papertalk and see what he actually does. Whether he does the right things...well, we'll see.

And whether he'll be able to actually motivate this lot to start winning stuff again...I'm skeptical.

But my main point is he's not this bumbling incompetent that some on here are making out. You don't keep a club top 4 through one of the most complex stadium moves in football without having some nous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    Its Me is Zim?
    Aye, I thought you'd work it out Sub, Letters is having a pop at him at every given opportunity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We couldn't have done anything about City. We should have finished above them this year but if they keep throwing silly money around they'll ultimately establish themselves in the top 4 above us, there's very little we can do about a club who have effectively infinite resources.

Liverpool and Spurs have spent big in the past in an attempt to leapfrog us and failed. Wenger saw them off before, I believe he'll do so again. As for him doing nothing, you know that's not true. He's obviously not sitting in his office all day browsing Facebook. I'm sure he'll have a busy summer, forget the papertalk and see what he actually does. Whether he does the right things...well, we'll see.

And whether he'll be able to actually motivate this lot to start winning stuff again...I'm skeptical.

But my main point is he's not this bumbling incompetent that some on here are making out. You don't keep a club top 4 through one of the most complex stadium moves in football without having some nous.
    No one has a go at him for only keeping us in the top 4 on a budget, they do because he has assembled a team with so many shite ass (that phrase is infectious Ach) weaknesses and that he doesn't look like being able to solve them, despite the problems being obvious for many years.

I think most appreciate the fact that he is the reason we expect so much better but that should go without saying. If Fergie went mental and United slipped down the top 4 like we have, I'm sure their fans would ask questions and criticise the relevant problems. That doesn't mean they would be oblivious to what a job he's done there though.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 30-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger doesn't have it in him to win a trophy as Arsenal manager anymore.

This year's overall collapse was no worse than it has been in many of the last years.

Not sure how deluded people are that they can't see that.

The King Is Back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No one has a go at him for only keeping us in the top 4 on a budget, they do because he has assembled a team with so many shite ass (that phrase is infectious Ach) weaknesses and that he doesn't look like being able to solve them, despite the problems being obvious for many years.

I think most appreciate the fact that he is the reason we expect so much better but that should go without saying. If Fergie went mental and United slipped down the top 4 like we have, I'm sure their fans would ask questions and criticise the relevant problems. That doesn't mean they would be oblivious to what a job he's done there though.
    This.

Also on the Man City thing, their money isnt what made them finish above us. Our own retardiness was. Is that even a word?

Anyway hoping "Shite Ass" gets as famous on here as my other gems such as "Must Get" and "GHEL"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    This.

Also on the Man City thing, their money isnt what made them finish above us. Our own retardiness was. Is that even a word?

Anyway hoping "Shite Ass" gets as famous on here as my other gems such as "Must Get" and "GHEL"
    Our own retardiness was
    got to admit our retardiness had a lot to do with it

so did our lack of bottle and the amazing ability to look like a bunch of muppets against shite

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not in decline, its just the standard of the premiership is rising, as is the £££'s, when we won it in the 90's and early 2000's the competition wasn't as high. If anything we've improved, what other club club could have stayed competing (which we have until the end of season collapses, which need addressing) and reached 2 finals in these days of sugar daddy's?

Its crap to want Wenger out, if we sack him (which we wont, because, thankfully, there are smart people at Arsenal) we will become a mid-table team, play hoof-ball and Spurs will overtake us.

For those that want Wenger out (twits) who could do better with what we have?