User Tag List

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798

Thread: Winter Transfer Speculation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only top players we will look at are the ones deemed surplus, like Ozil and Sanchez were. If no one is readily available then we won't be signing anyone of note.

We're pretty much the tramp that goes rooting around the bins of the top clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I would rather sign Griezmann to play alongside Welbeck and Sanchez. I like Welbeck and I think he is a good fit for the team, also thinking we need a world class striker to win the league. Look at Spurs and Leicester neither have world class strikers. United, Chelsea, Liverpool. The only team with top drawer striker is City.

We need to make ourselves harder to beat, another CB and another energetic tackler CM. Plus Griezmann.

The problem is that it doesn't matter who we sign as we wont win the league next season. Chelsea and City will be under new management so players will be out to impress plus there will be investment in the squads. United could have a new manager plus they will spend big as well. Liverpool need to invest but they have Klopp who seems to be dragging Liverpool in the right direction although slowly. I wonder if Pochetino will go down the Wenger route of saying he has a young team and one more experience is like a new signing.
    No but Spurs and Leciester have strikers that suit the league and their style of play, we don't. Welbeck needs to start scoring. That's the primary objective of a player in his role. All the pace, positioning and assistance with the team is all well and good but we need someone who when he gets a chance, we have confidence he can bury. That isn't the case with Welbeck. A good squad player but not the longterm solution at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The only top players we will look at are the ones deemed surplus, like Ozil and Sanchez were. If no one is readily available then we won't be signing anyone of note.

We're pretty much the tramp that goes rooting around the bins of the top clubs.
    True dat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    No chance we can get Griezmann.
    Yep, I've read in quite a few places that we were after him when he was at Real Sociedad but he chose Atletico Madrid over us, no surprise really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arturo Vidal wants fellow Chile international Alexis Sanchez to join him at Bayern Munich. The pair have played together for their country's youth sides right through to the senior team and at club level for Colo-Colo between 2006 and 2007.

Arsenal forward Sanchez has been linked with a move away from the Premier League this summer and Vidal is hoping that Bayern will be heading the queue for his services.
    Speaking after Bayern's Bundesliga win over Schalke at the weekend, Vidal told reporters: 'We've played together since the Under-20 international team, so it would be nice to play with him.'
    Of course we should have been using Alexis to tempt Vidal our way last summer.

There have been plenty of rumours of us making Mahrez a number one summer priority to replace Walnut. This has prompted Wenger to deny everything. And I believe him. Apparently we had first offer on Mahrez when he moved from Le Havre, for the exorbitant sum of £400,000, but I guess he lacked little bit quality compared to Theo. Price being touted now is £25mill+
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsène Wenger admits he does not know what the future holds for Theo Walcott with the England forward currently a bit-part player at the Emirates Stadium.

Walcott has not started a Premier League game since the 3-2 defeat at Manchester United on 28 February and has been limited to substitute appearances of late. He has fallen behind the teenager Alex Iwobi and a fit-again Danny Welbeck in the pecking order, with just five league goals this season.

With his place in Roy Hodgson’s squad for this summer’s European Championship in the balance, Wenger conceded he is unsure where Walcott will be plying his trade next season. Asked if Walcott could leave, Wenger replied: “I don’t know yet.

“I’m not in transfer mode at the moment but I think he has gone through a bad spell. He has responded very well, because he said: ‘OK, I will work harder and more.’ When he comes on now, you see he is motivated and focused. Let’s see how well he finishes the season.”

Despite a number of first-team regulars missing Thursday night’s 2-0 win over West Brom, Walcott was again restricted to a four-minute cameo off the bench. Wenger admits Walcott, as well as other players not featuring regularly, are frustrated at their lack of game time. “Of course. Tonight you have seen the team,” he said when asked if he could understand Walcott’s frustration at not playing much.

“You have the emergence of a guy like Iwobi. But the players that did not play [against West Brom]: Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini, Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and I forget a few that weren’t even in the squad. All these players will be frustrated, or the guys who go out will be frustrated. Welbeck didn’t play, Campbell didn’t play.”
    Maybe some good news at last.
    Last edited by Kano; 24-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.