6 19.35%
Page 101 of 163 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1622

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm sure all the racists who wanted to "take our country back" were thinking primarily of the complex economic pros and cons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloke who works in our warehouse, proudly voted leave.

I asked him why, and his only reason was "to make Britain great again"

I asked him what that meant and just mumbled something about independence day.

He has no idea what the EU even does. There's no way he weighed up the pros and cons and voted rationally and I'm sure it's the same for millions on both sides.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, I'm sure all the racists who wanted to "take our country back" were thinking primarily of the complex economic pros and cons.
    You keep going on about this like a broken record, what about those that voted out of greed and those that voted out of fear, I'm not sure they considered the pros of the EU, some just considered their pockets and the others bought into the scaremongering....it works both ways.

There's people on both sides who may not have voted for the best of the country, in the end though a democratic voted is allowing everyone to have a vote to do what they wish to do with it, if we discount votes on the basis of some sensationalist claims then it's called a rigged vote.

There's no evidence or figures to show how many people voted and for what reason, so it's all hearsay nothing more.
    Last edited by Özim; 27-06-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that people believing that our economy is stronger staying in the EU were voting out of "greed". A strong economy benefits everyone.
    I do agree though that I'm sure people voted for stupid reasons in both directions.
    The vote shouldn't be dismissed, I'm coming round to the view David Mitchell expressed some time ago that this isn't a decision which should have been left to "the people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that people believing that our economy is stronger staying in the EU were voting out of "greed". A strong economy benefits everyone.
    I do agree though that I'm sure people voted for stupid reasons in both directions.
    The vote shouldn't be dismissed, I'm coming round to the view David Mitchell expressed some time ago that this isn't a decision which should have been left to "the people".
    Behavioural scientists have long postulated that when in large groups people are about as clever as a herd of sheep.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There's no evidence or figures to show how many people voted and for what reason, so it's all hearsay nothing more.
    Well it's not. Just look on Facebook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Behavioural scientists have long postulated that when in large groups people are about as clever as a herd of sheep.
    Law of averages does bring the IQ down a bit.

How many Sun readers are there?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are all lies. The economy is in better shape than it was a week ago. I can prove it with this graph.

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Law of averages does bring the IQ down a bit.

How many Sun readers are there?
    2.2 million on average.