6 19.35%
Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And seriously - you are a member of the church and you vote in elections.

I'm sure you think you've made a point there.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I'm drifting toward 'Leave'. I can't put my finger on why, nor thought that I would, though I still think we will vote to stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BRITAIN OUT!!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    When I read your opinions I honestly don't know if you're the only one who is sane in a crazy world or whether I should be afraid that you might end up on a one man bombing campaign. Referring to your bombs as alarm clocks to "wake up" a pacified nation.

But then I remember that you're actually quite apathetic, the way I often feel when I decide if I can be bothered to have sex with a casual partner, usually I opt that it's not worth a lot of effort making conversation with someone who bores me and pay fawning compliments of which none are genuine just for the same gratification I can get from a hand shandy.

I think on balance the majority of your assertions are either astute or have some truth in them, but I generally don't care enough to get angry about it.
    Maybe - but you THINK about and that's the whole game right there. We don't have to have a revolution, we just need enough people to think for a moment. Then they will find they are better than they have been told they are. The psychopaths are in a tiny minority and could never dictate if the majority just said no.

Look at Letters' response. The absolute and final, without negotiation, unwillingness to think.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    I have to say I'm drifting toward 'Leave'. I can't put my finger on why, nor thought that I would, though I still think we will vote to stay.
    Maybe it's because it's the sane choice and you naturally tend towards sanity?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite surprised at how quickly the out opinion has gathered momentum. When you see so many people determined on a course of action despite the establishment raging against them with every weapon in the arsenal you know the consensus is overwhelmingly there. It won't make a difference unfortunately.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should stay because Mr Cameron says so and as the democratically elected leader he has our best interests at heart.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    I think we should stay because Mr Cameron says so and as the democratically elected leader he has our best interests at heart.
    I think we should leave so I'll take the most rational course of action, which is not to vote thus making the chances of us staying higher. Then, if the vote is to stay, I can say it's all fixed and there's nothing I could have done about it.

Logic

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think we should leave so I'll take the most rational course of action, which is not to vote thus making the chances of us staying higher. Then, if the vote is to stay, I can say it's all fixed and there's nothing I could have done about it.

Logic
    Well the reasons people cite for wanting to leave mean nothing to me, "the EU is a giant neoliberal construct forcing free trade, and free movement to keep wages low" of course it is but the same people will still be in government if we leave and they don't seem overly bothered by low wages.
    "We will have more control over immigration" from within the Eurozone but the immigration issue is less economic migrants and more refugees and assylum seekers from outside the Eurozone and if the French don't give a fuck about border control now why are they going to give a fuck when we aren't a fellow member state.

Plus the immigration debate is about the amount of legal migrants, it's not going to stop people coming here illegally and who likes undocumented workers??? Big businesses.

The people who want us to leave want to turn Britain into some mercantile offshore holding company, so if anything expect more Chinese to buy property that no one lives in, in London.

The crux of the matter is that the people who fuck us over will still be there whether we leave or stay, my mate said to me it's the only way to pull back against globalisation, I told him he should be selling pencils from a cup....there is no pulling back.

Oh and I don't give a flying fuck about the non elected nature of the EU, I wish there were different people in charge but not because they weren't elected to those positions because the flip side of democracy is allowing (nay encouraging) stupid people to vote.