Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1622

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Following the High court decision, (Govt May appeal, see what i did there?). They will no doubt lose IMO. What happens next?. Will they allow MPs a free vote or allow a free debate. Moreover what will be the question put to MP`s. To Brexit or not to Brexit? or will it be simply a question of timing. Im pretty sure if they allowed a free vote on whether to trigger A-50 or not the answer will likely be no. Im sure I read it somewhere that parliament is not necessarily bound by the results of any referendum.
    Then the even older cunts in HoL can still reject the bill, whichever way it goes and then the real fun begins. Hopefully that happens and absolute chaoes ensues.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Why on earth would you want chaos?

A bit of dull stability would be nice for a change after the last year or so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaos is what we have now. Endless wars, financial mayhem, cultural battle lines. And all by design. Extreme wealth is the byproduct of chaos. If we had genuine representatives, a genuine justice system, a functional education system and a legitimate media then we'd have law, order, peace and stability. Equal opportunity is the byproduct of a just and stable society.

The game now is obvious. Make the conditions in Britain intolerable (in the media at least) so we'll run back to the embrace of Europe. I'm looking forward to seeing how dramatic May can be playing the outraged patriot.

I think the establishment may have underestimated the resolve of a significant segment of the population who understand the issues and won't put up with this globalist nonsense any longer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Yes of course, any attempt at oversight and transparency in the process has to be looked at as an attempt to overhaul the will of the people.

It seems a massive over reaction to the government being ignorant about the extent of their power to implement Brexit.

But again the law like with everything else, only functions to certain people when it can be interpreted in a way they want it to be.

Crying we aren't going to get Brexit seems like an emotional reaction, you mention the media but for one thing it's made too big a deal of it not to happen. Britain is going to leave the EU, the referendum vote itself has made MPs too aware of their constituents for it not to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I'm crying about anything. We can all pretend to suddenly value the machinery of the state if we want to. And we can pretend the intent behind the referendum was something other than what it was clearly expressed as. There is no ambiguity here. But we can pretend there is. Makes no odds to me. I love the state as much as I love the superstate which, coincidentally, is as much as I love being anally savaged by a rabies infested German Shepherd.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not sure I'm crying about anything. We can all pretend to suddenly value the machinery of the state if we want to. And we can pretend the intent behind the referendum was something other than what it was clearly expressed as. There is no ambiguity here. But we can pretend there is. Makes no odds to me. I love the state as much as I love the superstate which, coincidentally, is as much as I love being anally savaged by a rabies infested German Shepherd.
    I meant the reaction in general rather than you specifically

No there was no ambiguity on the referendum, but there was plenty of ambiguity over what was to happen next and the leave campaign could not provide a singular, coherent answer.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 05-11-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all think we are reasonable.

Except NQ.

Even he agrees he's a fucknugget.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is High Court injunction has posed a bit of a conundrum. In one way it's right that Parliament has a say, but, everyone is forgetting that Europe will have the last say in our exit terms anyway. Corbyn has said that he and Labour MPs will only back the exit if there will still be access to the single market, if that remains, nothing will change.

This could go on for ages and will weaken our situation on the world stage. Other countries were coming forward to do trade with us, they will back off with the uncertainty that this has caused.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    This is High Court injunction has posed a bit of a conundrum. In one way it's right that Parliament has a say, but, everyone is forgetting that Europe will have the last say in our exit terms anyway. Corbyn has said that he and Labour MPs will only back the exit if there will still be access to the single market, if that remains, nothing will change.

This could go on for ages and will weaken our situation on the world stage. Other countries were coming forward to do trade with us, they will back off with the uncertainty that this has caused.
    Not really, I'm fairly sure we can negotiate trade unilaterally whether we are in the EU or not.

The difference is we will be making up a trade deficit where arguably we have been too dependent on the European bloc to begin with and these deals take time.