6 19.35%
Page 1 of 163 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EU Referendum

so looks like the referendum will be held in June. What are your thoughts and how will you vote?

For me, I'm undecided but if i had to vote tomorrow, Id vote to stay in just because the leave campaign haven't convinced me that leaving is the best choice. There is a lot wrong with the EU and needs to change but while the leave campaign raise good points, they have to convince that all will be rosy if we leave. Obviously we will be able to sign trade agreements as a nation rather then a bloc but who is to guarantee that these will be good agreements in the first place? After leaving, we will be needing to sign agreements, especially to support agriculture, that it might be harder then they say. I can still be convinced by them, but their campaign is a shambles and i think most undecided voters so far will be likely to vote in rather then out if they don't improve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm undecided too. I remain to be convinced that either option is clearly preferable.
    It's a shame (although inevitable) that the campaigning so far is all based on fear ("we're DOOMED if we exit, The Jungle will be in Folkstone, the economy will collapse" and on the other side "we're DOOMED if we stay, we'll be over-run with immigrants, the EU are sucking the life out of our economy and we have no control over our laws")

If I had to vote tomorrow I think I'd vote for exit, we're (something like) the 6th largest economy in the world, our economy isn't going to collapse if we leave and it will give us more control over things. We trade with countries outside the EU fine, I don't see any reason we can't form good trade agreements with the EU if we leave. If anything the 'deal' Cameron came back with is so watered down and half arsed it pushes me more towards voting for an exit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id vote to stay in just because the leave campaign haven't convinced me that leaving is the best choice
    Eh? WTF? Somebody else hasn't convinced you? Why can't you decide for yourself? Are you saying you don't know enough to make an informed choice but if you had to make a choice now you'd take a punt? If you are waiting for a 100% biased bunch of cocks on the one side, or a 100% biased bunch of cocks on the other to woo you then just flip a coin, vote, get pissed. Much quicker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can all decide for ourselves but that decision has to be based on something.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to be in a coma for a few months around June.

I'm already bored to tears with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We can all decide for ourselves but that decision has to be based on something.
    How about basing it on the decades of corruption inherent in the European mega bureaucracy? Or the anti-democratic nature of the whole thing? Or the shambles they have made of the currency? Or the mind blowing degree of corruption at the central bank? Etc, etc? This isn't really all that difficult.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you think the UK government is nice and corruption free and democratic, do you?
    As I said, I remain to be convinced that either option is clearly preferable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you think the UK government is nice and corruption free and democratic, do you?

Sorry? But when did I ever, ever say the UK government was anything other than a bunch of cunts who should be killed? I even have a thread titled as such.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But wait - I missed the best part.

I remain to be convinced that either option is clearly preferable.
    And that, right there, gives the whole game away.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is funny how one of the main arguments made to convince the Scots to stay in the UK was being part of a larger market and that they'd have to negotiate with what remained of the rest of the U.K. on the terms of the rest of the U.K.

Now pretty much the same bunch of twats are saying it is a good thing for the UK to leave what is pretty much one of the biggest and most prosperous markets in the world.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.