User Tag List

Page 101 of 458 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Marcotti has said that he's been flogged around to City, Utd and Chelsea - he basically wants the biggest pay day going, probably looking at £200k plus wages. That's us out.
    Yup, we won't pay the going rate or anywhere near it a real hindrance in the chase for top players, plus I think when those clubs are interested success comes into play and clearly he would know he has a better chance at all those other clubs.

The only reason to sign for us is if you want an easy time with less pressure to perform and longer to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    It looked as if we were going to have a really good summer with regards to strengthening the squad.....but it is going to be business as usual! The board and Wenger will not go the extra mile to sign the players we need. Hopefully we have just one more year of this rubbish. Wenger and Stan the Man OUT!
    It's only June and there are 2 tournaments going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have wrapped Vardy up before the Euros, then things would look a whole lot different. We desperately need a striker, we're not in the position where we can be playing hardball and fucking around making counter offers. Just pay the player what he wants, give him the contract he wants and be done with it. The money is so silly now that what do we care if we have to carry a 33 year old for a year at the end of his contract? We've carried worse for years. Diaby. Flamini again. And despite the fact he's a good player, Rosicky. Millions a year blown on players who don't play. So it was just dumb to screw around with a 3 year offer when Vardy wanted 4. Hopefully he won't play in the Euros, because if he comes on and shows Kane up then we can kiss that signing goodbye, he'll be off somewhere else. Fucking around when we need to be decisive is what we do best.

I agree. Walcott should be gone by now. But maybe there isn't any interest anywhere and who would be surprised if that's the case?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I cannot give you a specific response, however, from past transfer dealings, we always seem offer "Under" the asking price.

Just pay the money ffs!
    It wouldn't surprise me if we spent the rest of the summer haggling over the contract duration and transfer fee for Vardy & that Rob Holding guy we are trying to buy off Bolton.

We are honestly that bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This summer is beginning to look very familiar, I can remember when we signed Podolski at the start of the summer and we thought it was the beginning of a good transfer window, we did something similar a few seasons later and then signed noone until near the end.

We can't compete with the big clubs for players, for that reason we should be going in agressively to sign them up before anyone else goes for them.

Oh sorry my mistake we've also signed Kelechi Nwakali, clearly things are different.
    We signed Giroud in late June that summer tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Apparently Mkhitaryan won't be allowed to leave until the end of his contract, so in January Man U wil snap him up for free.
    Dortmund are mental, it's as though they want to go back to the financial peril they were in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we spent the rest of the summer haggling over the contract duration and transfer fee for Vardy & that Rob Holding guy we are trying to buy off Bolton.

We are honestly that bad.
    We're not haggling over anything; this is Vardy's decision to delay is it not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    We're not haggling over anything; this is Vardy's decision to delay is it not?
    Apparently one of the factors into the delay of Vardy's decision is the duration of the contract we have offered him, he wants 4 years we are only offering him 3 years which to be fair is long enough for someone of his age. I think Vardy is a decent player but I won't lose any sleep if we don't sign him, I'm just hoping it doesn't drag on all Summer.

The Rob Holding deal is the one that we have been haggling over from what I've read, I think we're basically just taking advantage of the fact the player wants to come here and are trying to screw Bolton over the fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should stop messing about, forget this Vardy guy and break the bank for Griezmann, he's top class.