User Tag List

Page 3 of 458 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Get rid of Ozil, doesn't save enough penalties.
    he.....doesn't.....does he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    How many years does his contract have to run?....two i'd imagine.....so even if he gets a bit funny about signing a new deal there's no reason to sell him

Ozil's contract is due to run out next summer so he's the problem
    It's US!

The club isn't going to hang on to a player who wants to leave, not if there's money on the table. And it would be bigger money than they paid too. What's Alexis worth now? £60mill?

This could be a very shitty summer coming up. It's the board's and Wenger's responsibility to turn it around. I have every confidence in them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm going on the fact that Nasri and Van Persie were in the last years of their contracts before we got rid

But you never know, will be interesting how they try and spin it after claiming the above two had to be sold to help pay for the stadium.

We even kept Fibreglass a year after it was abundantly clear he wanted to leave so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really trying to be bothered about Ozil and/or Sanchez leaving but dont care really. There is only one change that needs happening at the club, and thats AW leaving... that wont happen till at least end of next season. Till that happens, he can sell/buy players or take a shit at trafalgar square in broad daylight, it doesnt matter really.

#meh
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm tremendously bothered by them both leaving, no point in Wenger going if our best players are out of the door before him and we have to spend loads on replacements that will take ages to settle in the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Bayern have asked to be kept informed of Alexis' status. This will run all summer. Unfortunately for us Wenger has said he's "confident" the player will sign. Kiss of death. If we can't hang on to this guy it's a massive statement about this club and where we are placed in the global pecking order.
    Wenger coming out and saying he's confident we're going to keep a player

The guy just thinks you can keep hold of players by promising them that with all crocks coming back as new signings and one more years experience we'll no longer be 2% away from domination.

Realistically Sanchez will probably see what the deal is with this club and manager, stagnation and a waste of your career, he's got 2 years left so I think it's probably the right time for him to go for all parties concerned, for him because he won't be winning any major trophies with Wenger in charge and for us (by that I mean the money men) because if his contract runs down to a year his sale will command much less money.

If he leaves who can blame him, any player with any sort of ambition wouldn't want to waste their career at this club at 27 years of age.
    Last edited by Özim; 27-04-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many years does his contract have to run?....two i'd imagine.....so even if he gets a bit funny about signing a new deal there's no reason to sell him

Ozil's contract is due to run out next summer so he's the problem
    Not true, a player with 1 year left will be sold at a knockdown fee as they can talk to anyone in January.

Ozil's runs out in 2018 but apparently he's relaxed about the contract and happy to stay in England. We could be seeing him at Man City or Chelsea very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tremendously bothered by them both leaving, no point in Wenger going if our best players are out of the door before him and we have to spend loads on replacements that will take ages to settle in the side.
    Two different issues, Wenger leaving is totally separate, he needs to leave regardless. I agree we need to keep them as well, but Wenger isn't going to keep them here, what can he offer them, 4th place?

I don't understand the issues anyone can have with him leaving, he'll have to be replaced at some point and then a new manager will have much the same task as he has now, he may as well go now and let us start early with the rebuilding process.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Alexis the best of luck.

If Bayern's interest is truly genuine, he's gone. Ribery is old, Robben too. He'd be an upgrade on their wings.

Douglas Costa is doing well against the shit teams in the Bundesliga, he'd do too.

I wish him the best. Outstanding first season, average (by his standards) second season but still has like 15 goals and 9 assists or something.

Take care

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Two different issues, Wenger leaving is totally separate, he needs to leave regardless. I agree we need to keep them as well, but Wenger isn't going to keep them here, what can he offer them, 4th place?

I don't understand the issues anyone can have with him leaving, he'll have to be replaced at some point and then a new manager will have much the same task as he has now, he may as well go now and let us start early with the rebuilding process.
    I think my point was I hope it doesn't take them leaving to unseat him, otherwise we aren't in an especially better situation even with him gone.
    It's for the same reason I don't want us to finish 5th just to spite him, I'd rather he go whilst we were still in the top four and had champions league football to entice a top manager and top players.