User Tag List

Page 408 of 458 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's one of the reasons Wenger is a laughing stock. He's all qualiteeee this and qualitieeee that, oh we can't sign that expensive player unless he brings more qualiteeee. Shove a pile of barrel scrapings at him though and fuck quality, he's in there in a flash with his penny purse at the ready. I think we're supposed to be fooled by it all. When you start bringing together all the aspects of this summer, the statements from the club and the manager, the laughable financial claims being made, the dithering and fucking around, the negligent and probably already terminal start to the season, the continuing two fingered salute to the fans and anyone else who dares ask question - you can really start to see that this club is run by scum and managed by a deeply dishonest, deceitful and devious individual. I don't know what's happened to the bloke. Filth like Kronke, you expect it. Wenger used to be a totally different guy though. Now look at him. Up to his neck in it.
    Yeah, I can expect it from someone like Kroenke. He's not unique to football as an owner. But as a manager, Arsene Wenger is an anomaly to the game. There have been terrible owners in football and we have seen worse structures but never have we seen a manager not strive for more even under the poor conditions set out for them.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    If Zaha is 15 million quid, then we should absolutely go in for him. He is at least 5 million times better than Theo.
    Trust me he really isn't. Palace are my local team so I always make an effort to watch as much of them as I can and he's completely pants. Just pure brainless as a footballer. Consistently makes the wrong option and isn't able to make use of his physical attributes

He makes Theo look like Muller in terms of football intelligence and I speak as someone who thinks that Theo is crap and we need to get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You're shitting me!
    Why didn't you say something before now?
    I didn't want to upset you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How considerate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton to sign Sofiane Boufal for 21m. Who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Come to think of it, I don't think Spanish strikers have fared too well over here. Torres is probably the best one but he fell off a cliff, I suppose there is Costa but he is far from your ordinary Spanish forward. Soldado? Michu? Anyone else you can think of?

Hope this guy knows what to expect from the PL, as technically great as La Liga is, it's apples and oranges when comparing it to the shit kicking of the PL.

Though as TEG mentioned earlier, the fact Koeman wants him should be encouraging as his recruitment since he's been here has been decent.
    Spain hardly produce great strikers. It reflects in the national team. Raul, David Villa and Torres were great but all the rest you mentioned just weren't good enough. It's one of those things in football.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    In fairness, very few transfer fees are paid all up front certainly not anything above 15million
    17 million is a drop in the ocean compared to the figures being trotted out these days and certainly our supposed cash reserves.

It's just baffling that we'd continue to dither about with this transfer and risk losing out to Everton who are sniffing about and ready to pounce on any delay rather than just get it done and over the line, especially considering how we've missed out on two transfers already this summer (Mkhitrayan and Vardy) and how desperate we are to fill this position in with a body.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Spain hardly produce great strikers. It reflects in the national team. Raul, David Villa and Torres were great but all the rest you mentioned just weren't good enough. It's one of those things in football.
    last four years the national team seems to often play without a striker

the out and out striker doesn't seem to be prolific full stop in the modern game, maybe people tried to copy Spain's method to get success

Messi and Ronaldo who have been having their own personal duel in la liga the last five years, neither are strikers in the conventional sense.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    17 million is a drop in the ocean compared to the figures being trotted out these days and certainly our supposed cash reserves.

It's just baffling that we'd continue to dither about with this transfer and risk losing out to Everton who are sniffing about and ready to pounce on any delay rather than just get it done and over the line, especially considering how we've missed out on two transfers already this summer (Mkhitrayan and Vardy) and how desperate we are to fill this position in with a body.
    You could be right, my point is more is that we offered it as a structured payment because that's usually how we do it. If we flatly refuse to pay the money up front than i would agree with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    last four years the national team seems to often play without a striker

the out and out striker doesn't seem to be prolific full stop in the modern game, maybe people tried to copy Spain's method to get success

Messi and Ronaldo who have been having their own personal duel in la liga the last five years, neither are strikers in the conventional sense.
    I'd consider Messi and Ronaldo as forwards but because of their talent they can play in different areas, but these clubs also have Neymar and Benzema.

It's not true that an out and out striker isn't prolific there are plenty of example that have been at some point or other in the right system, Cavani, Falcao, Aguero, Suarez etc

The Spanish model only worked when they had exceptional players everywhere else in the team, it doesn't work now and they are crying out for a decent striker.