User Tag List

Page 422 of 458 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I don't like the guy because i don't think he's particularly very good, I'm not disputing he had a good tournament, but even then I think this was more for work rate than technical ability. He will start big games and i think that will be problematic for us as he dwells on the ball too much and will get too easily dispossessed. I don't think he's a terrible player, I just don't think he's good enough for Arsenal....certainly not as a first teamer and when as i say we already have players in the squad who can put in the work rate you praise him for....it seems utterly pointless having him. When actually his name reputation which always totally outshines his ability would see him us bring in quite a bit of money for him, which we could put towards other areas of the squad if we are insistent on being very cautious with our spending.

Frankly he is one of many players we have held onto for far too long, in the hope that they will finally blossom and meet their potential. Ramsey was an outstanding performer three years ago when our football was at it's most slow and turgid, no width and no pace.....and now we have brought pace into the side he has been left behind.
    Come off it. Sell him to get money to improve the squad? We just spend £90mill on a collection of second-raters just to plug holes. The manager has no intention of improving the squad. If he did he's have had that 90 mill in his hand at the start of the window fighting with the big clubs for the signature of a top striker. Far more likely we'd sell Ramsey and bring in a considerably less accomplished replacement. And what's the point in talking about a settled 11 at Arsenal and who best suits that 11? We never have that. The only thing more certain than a seasonal collapse is the seasonal injury crisis. We'll need Ramsey, just as we'll need to call on all the players in the squad to get through. Hell, Wenger even used his hate target Campbell last season, so everyone will be required. And as a solid, reliable, willing member of the squad Ramsey is an excellent asset. And if somehow we get rid of the idiot in charge and bring in a manager, you'll see there is plenty to Ramsey's game. The same will be true for Ox. But not Theo though. Now there's a player with little prospect of ever delivering.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Come off it. Sell him to get money to improve the squad? We just spend £90mill on a collection of second-raters just to plug holes. The manager has no intention of improving the squad. If he did he's have had that 90 mill in his hand at the start of the window fighting with the big clubs for the signature of a top striker. Far more likely we'd sell Ramsey and bring in a considerably less accomplished replacement. And what's the point in talking about a settled 11 at Arsenal and who best suits that 11? We never have that. The only thing more certain than a seasonal collapse is the seasonal injury crisis. We'll need Ramsey, just as we'll need to call on all the players in the squad to get through. Hell, Wenger even used his hate target Campbell last season, so everyone will be required. And as a solid, reliable, willing member of the squad Ramsey is an excellent asset. And if somehow we get rid of the idiot in charge and bring in a manager, you'll see there is plenty to Ramsey's game. The same will be true for Ox. But not Theo though. Now there's a player with little prospect of ever delivering.
    We all know there is a disparity between what the manager should do and what he does do. What i'm saying is putting myself in the manager's shoes, i'd have sold Ramsey and invested elsewhere.....

And I agree about Walcott, but whatever little prospect of him delivering there is even less prospect of getting rid of him because of the stupid contract we put him on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daily Mail reporting Palace are interested in Wheelchair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Daily Mail reporting Palace are interested in Wheelchair.
    Why not. Its a loan and still a London club. If jack can get his head right and hisn body stays in one peice, it could be a good move. Keep Palace up and return a hero to take Cazorla s place.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky Sources say Chelsea have bid over £30 million for David Luiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must be pretty desperate for a CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realised they made a terrible mistake.

In making this bid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL spending has now hit £1billion for this transfer window.

Madness.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Sky Sources say Chelsea have bid over £30 million for David Luiz.

This has got to be an April's fool.