User Tag List

Page 425 of 458 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bony off to Stoke. Should be a good signing for them if his stint at Swansea is anything to go by.

Roma interested in Wheelchair now. Chesney probably wants him so they can blaze up together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year or nothing, 5 million is nothing considering the talent that Gnabry is and the price of footballers these days. I was expecting 10 million at least. Sane just went for close to 40 million and it's my opinion that there's nothing between Gnabry or Sane ..... obviously there are other factors at play (year left, injuries, bad two years etc) but it's still very low.

I'm hoping it's low because ala Carlos Vela, we've put a buyback clause in there.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 31-08-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see the problem.

£5m for a totally unproven, 21-year old player in last year of contact. Pretty sure there will be other caveats added into the sale too. Probably spent a couple of mill on wages, double that back with the sale price, makes absolute sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    A year or nothing, 5 million is nothing considering the talent that Gnabry is and the price of footballers these days. I was expecting 10 million at least. Sane just went for close to 40 million and it's my opinion that there's nothing between Gnabry or Sane ..... obviously there are other factors at play (year left, injuries, bad two years etc) but it's still very low.

I'm hoping it's low because ala Carlos Vela, we've put a buyback clause in there.
    Oh, I completely agree. The trouble is that the players hold all the cards with one year left. What can we do if we don't get a fair offer?

That's what's worrying about letting Sanchez & Ozil's contracts go down to their last years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't we let Campbell go on loan just so Serge could have a run in the team?

We really don't have a lot of winger options.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post

I think that was the assumption that was made, it seems perhaps now that this was to free up space in the squad for Mustafi and Perez.

I think we are fine in terms of numbers on the wing, just not necessarily in terms of quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm being greedy and I know it won't happen, but I would love it if there was just one more good surprise before the window closes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leicester agree a 30m fee for Slimani.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post

Could be clearing the decks for The Jeff to feature more, or maybe even freeing up some senior squad space for someone like Chris Willock, who Wenger seems to rate highly?