User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ali has died. R.I. P. the greatest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling someone a cunt wouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind shortly after someone dies. Especially not someone who hasn't exactly brought tyranny to the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Calling someone a cunt wouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind shortly after someone dies. Especially not someone who hasn't exactly brought tyranny to the world.
    Yes I agree maybe it could have bene voiced better, but someone passing away shouldn't change your view of them. If you didn't like them before they passed away it would be hypocritical to pretend you did after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip to a great and an icon. He was flawed like the rest of us and I've no doubt he regretted a number of things he said over his career. In fact he vocalised as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a principled man who was the Greatest in the ring and even greater outside it.

He was my first sporting hero and provided me my first sporting memories. RIP
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with HBZ. Some of the things Ali said about Joe Frazier were disgusting. It's impossible to ignore just how extrovertly racist this guy was
    Formerly TMOKJ

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    This isn't a book of condolences it's a sports forum. I think some of the things Ali said deserved the four letter word I attributed to him.
    He did take what I thought was a very principled stance against being drafted to go to Vietnam.

And yes he was a marvellous fighter. To come back and win the title in Zaire against George Foreman was amazing achievement.
    But no I'm not going to retract what I said about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more controversial he got, the better it was. Western society has become a wilting little pansy. Bathed in self loathing and guilt for shit their grandfathers did - incidentally whilst turning a blind eye to the exact same shit that goes on today but cosied away under a blanket of political and corporate PR.

I miss people who said what they actually thought. These lily livered cunt stains who are always watching every word in case some obscure campaign group gets offended - fuck them. Let them be offended. How are they actually harmed? Do they die or something? Cunts are queueing up to be offended these days. It's a social sport.

Poor old Gazza is off to court because he cracked a joke about a black bloke. The black guy is still alive, having suffered no adverse effects whatsoever. In fact I don't think he was bothered. Somebody else was bothered on his behalf. The real offensive shit here is the huge nose some offended cunt has, a nose stuck into everybody's business.

Blacks call themselves niggas but whites can't do it because grandaddy used to own slaves. Now your pension scheme runs off the back of modern day slavery but nobody gets offended about that. How fucking convenient. And we want to call out Ali because he said what he wanted to say and then backed every word with action?

There are far more worthy targets. Millions of them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    This isn't a book of condolences it's a sports forum. I think some of the things Ali said deserved the four letter word I attributed to him.
    He did take what I thought was a very principled stance against being drafted to go to Vietnam.

And yes he was a marvellous fighter. To come back and win the title in Zaire against George Foreman was amazing achievement.
    But no I'm not going to retract what I said about him.
    Say whatever you want do whatever you want. I'm just admiring your classiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The more controversial he got, the better it was. Western society has become a wilting little pansy. Bathed in self loathing and guilt for shit their grandfathers did - incidentally whilst turning a blind eye to the exact same shit that goes on today but cosied away under a blanket of political and corporate PR.

I miss people who said what they actually thought. These lily livered cunt stains who are always watching every word in case some obscure campaign group gets offended - fuck them. Let them be offended. How are they actually harmed? Do they die or something? Cunts are queueing up to be offended these days. It's a social sport.

Poor old Gazza is off to court because he cracked a joke about a black bloke. The black guy is still alive, having suffered no adverse effects whatsoever. In fact I don't think he was bothered. Somebody else was bothered on his behalf. The real offensive shit here is the huge nose some offended cunt has, a nose stuck into everybody's business.

Blacks call themselves niggas but whites can't do it because grandaddy used to own slaves. Now your pension scheme runs off the back of modern day slavery but nobody gets offended about that. How fucking convenient. And we want to call out Ali because he said what he wanted to say and then backed every word with action?

There are far more worthy targets. Millions of them.
    It's political correctness gone mad. You can't drink tea anymore in case it offends a Pakistani.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.