User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ali has died. R.I. P. the greatest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali has died. R.I. P. the greatest

A beautiful man, perfectly made, spiritually endowed. Lucid, loquacious, linguistic. You are the greatest always will be. RIP.

Everyone knew this day would come but even now I still cant believe he is no more amongst us. A rare human being, Heaven is rolling out the red carpet for sure.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I thought the guy was a bit of a cunt if I'm honest, used the kind of language that had he been white would have been called out for what it was Racist.

Definitely larger than life and charismatic, definitely deserving of the sporting accolades he achieved although not ever a great hitter

Don't get me wrong, Parkinson's is a terrible affliction and I wouldn't have ever wished it on him....it's sad that by today's standards he died so young. But can't say I ever particularly liked him that much as a person.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2504777.stm

Fought Henry Cooper in Highbury in 1966

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to other sport.

And RIP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad. One of the greats that trascended his sport.

RIP.

2016 deaths show no signs of letting up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I thought the guy was a bit of a cunt if I'm honest, used the kind of language that had he been white would have been called out for what it was Racist.

Definitely larger than life and charismatic, definitely deserving of the sporting accolades he achieved although not ever a great hitter

Don't get me wrong, Parkinson's is a terrible affliction and I wouldn't have ever wished it on him....it's sad that by today's standards he died so young. But can't say I ever particularly liked him that much as a person.
    classy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rip
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

I'm going to agree with this. While undoubtedly a great sportsman and very charismatic. I'm not so sure he was a great man. Certainly a racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Greatest. No doubt about it. RIP.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    classy
    Why be two faced and pretend he was an amazing guy if you didn't think so. Someone doesn't become a saint just because they passed away.

My take, didn't have a problem with him, very entertaining and charismatic, great boxer, didn't know too much about him as a boxer, so R.I.P.

Certainly one of the big personalities of the last 50 years.