User Tag List

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Jamie Vardy - BBC Sport - Vardy set to reject Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    From what was written in the media, Vardy's release clause had a price of £20 million. To pay more than that would be akin to you paying £40,000 for a car with a retail price of £20,000. A lower transfer price would allow the club to pay the player more.
    I wasn't suggesting we should bid more for Vardy, I was saying he was a cheap option which is what attracted Wenger, now to get someone decent he'll have to pay a lot more and he won't do it.

We can only hope he snaps up some prospect now, a decent one not the rubbish he usually goes for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    Not for the first time, I really wonder what our media team does all day. We have been behind the story at every stage with this Vardy bollocks. If we knew he was 50/50 at best, we should have been pushing out stories about interest in other striker options left, right and centre, i.e. a distraction strategy projecting the fact that we have many other options to pursue. As it is, complete silence, and we end up looking like the ugly kid nobody wants to invite to the prom.
    We only seem able to focus on one player at a time and when that goes pearshaped we sit there scratching our heads wondering what just happened with no backup plan in sight.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

We can only hope he goes.
    Exactly zimm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    To be honest, I've never had any problem with Wenger's valuations - I think he's generally proved right on most of them. Where I have an issue with him is that he often seems to have no cheaper alternatives lined up - if he can't get his man, then he'd rather go into the season with a gaping hole in the squad than take a more pragmatic approach...
    I wouldn't say he was proved right with Suarez and Alonso, I personally think he's cheap and won't pay the going rate, this ends up meaning we don't sign the players we need.

Xhaka is an odd one for me, we paid 33 million for someone barely known, IMO he's overpriced for that money and that's a very odd sitatuon, having said the fact he is unknown probably appealed to Wenger, he'll be able to show people he found another gem if he works out, he loves doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Exactly zimm
    Yeah, seems like that will take a miracle though.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, seems like that will take a miracle though.
    I know.... And the rumours of being offered a new contract are still worryingly, doing the rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only seem able to focus on one player at a time and when that goes pearshaped we sit there scratching our heads wondering what just happened with no backup plan in sight.
    If Plan A doesnt work, then you try Plan A again. Havent you learnt anything from the brilliant tactics displayed by the Lord over the last decade?

Couldnt defend from set pieces in 06, still cant defend from set pieces.
    Played players out of position, still do that.
    Put faith in crocks, still put faith in crocks.
    Play boring tippy tappy, still play boring tippy tappy
    And many more..

You see... life is about continuing to do what 'you think' is right. If all the data and evidence points otherwise, you just ignore it. This is how real gangstas roll!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No point having this thread anymore.