User Tag List

View Poll Results: How did you vote in the UK EU Referendum?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

10 71.43%
  • Leave

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referndum Exit Poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Really don't think it's such a small minority tbh especially when the Leave campaign had that racially tinged poster of all those middle eastern refugees which drew ire from all quarters. Not to mention the front page of the Daily Mail & The Sun for the past few days have been various images of Afghan's boarding lorries trying to come over here or camping out in Calais. As noted in the other thread and by various commentators a large chunk of the leave campaign's tactics have be to appeal to xenophobia and people's worst instincts.

The absolute joke in all of this is that being in or out of the EU isn't in any way going to stop Syrians, Afghan's etc jumping on lorries or trying to run through the Eurotunnel in order to try and get into Britain (in fact it could get a lot worse). But hey a picture speaks a thousand words and get's old people all riled up.
    What leaving the EU does those is allows you to control your borders, that's not to say you don't let people in, of course you do, but it has to be done at a manageable, sustainable rate, there's a shortage of housing in the UK so if you let endless amounts of people in all it does is drive prices up and make it more difficult for people to live.

Problem with the EU is that people will invariably want to come to the more affluent countries (understandable), so the burden isn't shared as it should be, this creates its own problems with regards resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    There have been loads of scaremongering from Remain, but there have been a lot of downright lies from Leave, and leaving isn't going to fix half the problems that some think it will.
    It is a personal choice and yes, people's personal experiences will influence how people view the EU, but there is a bigger picture.
    Again noone really knows, everything is just pure speculation, but people are entitled to make the choice they want to make and there's nothing wrong with that, just because someone votes one way it doesn't make them the root of all evil, or indeed wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Again noone really knows, everything is just pure speculation, but people are entitled to make the choice they want to make and there's nothing wrong with that, just because someone votes one way it doesn't make them the root of all evil, or indeed wrong.
    If they're voting Leave because they're racists or xenophobes then they ARE wrong for 2 reasons:
    1) They're idiots, clearly. I don't think I need to explain that
    2) Leaving won't stop immigration. The shutters aren't going to come down tomorrow if it's a Leave vote, it'll take years to sort out and when it is it's quite plausible that a deal with the EU would mean conceding freedom of movement anyway.

Not every reason for voting (either way) is as valid as every other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're voting Leave because they're racists or xenophobes then they ARE wrong for 2 reasons:
    1) They're idiots, clearly. I don't think I need to explain that
    2) Leaving won't stop immigration. The shutters aren't going to come down tomorrow if it's a Leave vote, it'll take years to sort out and when it is it's quite plausible that a deal with the EU would mean conceding freedom of movement anyway.

Not every reason for voting (either way) is as valid as every other.
    Again you're talking about a small minority, you get small ignorant minorities in polls all the time, if you think people voting out are racist them you've been brainwashed by the media yourself.

I could say the same thing about the stay campaign, full of greedy so and so's who will screw over their grandmother for an extra few bucks, but again that's the minority.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I am talking about a small minority. 1 in 8 people voted for UKIP at the last General Election...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I am talking about a small minority. 1 in 8 people voted for UKIP at the last General Election...
    It was clearly a vote to highlight how uhnappy they are with the two existing main parties, to think these people are racist because they voted for UKIP is again narrowminded, that is just hearsay.

The two main parties haven't covered themselves in glory with all the expenses debarcle amonst other things, people didn't trust them, it's not hard to see why they'd vote for someone else is it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's not hard to see why people would vote for someone else, but does the someone else have to be a party whose basic policy is based on xenophobia?
    Oh, and Farage has claimed shitloads in expenses as an MEP and pretty much never turns up to votes there anyway.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    What leaving the EU does those is allows you to control your borders, that's not to say you don't let people in, of course you do, but it has to be done at a manageable, sustainable rate, there's a shortage of housing in the UK so if you let endless amounts of people in all it does is drive prices up and make it more difficult for people to live.

Problem with the EU is that people will invariably want to come to the more affluent countries (understandable), so the burden isn't shared as it should be, this creates its own problems with regards resources.
    We can't stop people within the EU from coming here (well we actually can but that's another story and a massive tl;dr that I'm not prepared to write now) but we can stop people from outside the EU, i.e. the exact people camping in Calais and jumping onto passing lorries. The reason some manage to come through is not because of the EU but because our border patrol there is crap. So all the Leave propaganda showing pictures of all these people is just stupid and done to get people riled up about immigration as if leaving the EU would solve it.

Again do you think, these people are suddenly going to stop throwing themselves onto lorries or running through the Eurotunnel if we leave the EU?

So what? We tank our economy, throw young people into mass unemployment and screw ourselves over by leaving the EU just to make ourselves a less desirable place for foreigners to try and come to? Yeah that'll show them! Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 23-06-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't having an exit poll. No surprise there. They pulled the same trick for the Scottish Referendum.

As always, where's the refuse option?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exit polls are expensive tbh and difficult to do for a referendum where there isn't the past historical data to weigh results. Don't think it's a massive conspiracy to steal the result NQ.