User Tag List

Page 117 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1459

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Top 4 Trophy

Can't win a real trophy? Then make one up and have a parade.

I hope they emulate Wenger's philosophy in every way.
    Post old stadium of course
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Post old stadium of course
    Of course. Modern Wenger all the way. Embrace it all.

I'll be more than delighted to see them tip-tapping their way to 10-2 reversals in the CL. It's about time somebody else picked up the huge comedic burden we've been carrying all these years.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to discuss his future with chairman Daniel Levy, and says the club must "take risks" to improve.

Spurs beat Leicester 5-4 on Sunday to secure a third successive top-three finish in the Premier League.

But the club have not won a trophy since the League Cup in 2008, and have spent less than their top-six rivals.

"If we want to be real contenders for big, big trophies, we need to review a little," Pochettino said.

"First of all, I need to speak with Daniel, then we will know what we are going to do.

"I think it's a moment the club needs to take risks and if possible work harder than the previous season to be competitive again."

Argentine Pochettino, 46, took over at Spurs in 2014 and has led the club to fifth, third, second and third-placed finishes in his four seasons.

But they have spent £184.59m on players in the past two seasons, less than Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool over the same period.

Pochettino has been linked with a move from the club and following their FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United in April said the club "need more time with me or another".

This season they were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16 by Juventus.

"I think I have a very clear idea what we need to do; I don't know if the club will be agreeing with me or not," Pochettino said.

"But we are going to talk, next week, to create the new project, or what I think what we need to do, together again, to try to improve.

"That is a little bit up to Daniel of course, to the club, to be happy with us, because after four years I think we need to assess that period.

"I think Daniel is going to listen to me. But you know me and sometimes I have some crazy ideas.

"In this type of situation, with a club with our unbelievable fans, being brave is the most important, and to take risks."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44104404

Writing seems to be on the wall, Levy isn't the kind to let him spend bucketloads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re pretty much where we were from 2007 onwards. New stadium, promising young team and a good manager fighting against the tide of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does have the hallmarks, though the key difference I guess will be is that they have no relatively recent success to point to at the time.

If Levy does say we'll go down the same route we always have in the short term, Pochettino will surely think about moving on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea after Puppetino big time - i would love it if he left spuds - players like K**t, Walli, Trip-up-players-and-get-away-with-it-from-lenient-spuds-loving refs would all go and they would be fighting relegation :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pochettino to Chelsea?

I don't believe it but that would be hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K**t's resigned with spuds, what a loser, typical english pub-type, no ambition or desire to play elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spuds will be playing at Wembley against Citeh at home and all their group stage matches in the Champions League.

Does anybody else think this is utterly ridiculous they're able to get away with this?

It seems grossly unfair some clubs will be playing at two different stadiums, in fact makes a bit of a mockery about the judgement a league table is supposed to bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

If you can't fulfil the fixture, you should forfeit
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.