User Tag List

Page 14 of 146 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Job done. Twitch dangling on the hook.
    Redcrook needs to STFU tbh, he's the 1st plank to be talking about other clubs. should worry about his own sinking team tbh.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry Redknapp has indicated that Tottenham are prepared to compete with their big-spending rivals for the signature of coveted playmaker Eden Hazard.

Redknapp has made no secret of his admiration for the 21-year-old Belgian, who has emerged as one of European football's most exciting young talents with a succession of sparkling displays for Lille.
    However, Hazard has also attracted the attention of numerous other clubs and Redknapp has previously admitted it could be difficult to beat off competition from the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City.
    Redknapp is nevertheless confident that he will be given the funds by chairman Daniel Levy, who has promised to match his manager's ambition.

"Hazard is a talented player with great ability. He can do special things. He is on our list," said Redknapp of a player who is thought to be rated at £30million.

Compete

"I watched him last year about three times and I have watched him a couple of times this year.

"I wouldn't want to be saying he is the best player in the world because Man City or Chelsea might then decide they have to have him.

"United and one or two others are in for him but I think Daniel is ready to compete with them.

"If you want to be a top-four team you have got to do that. You have got to push on. The chairman is ambitious, we all are."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...pend-on-Hazard

What it city offer lille 45 Mill for him can't see spuds upping the anti, they don't even need him.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry Redknapp quashes Tottenham slump talk

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has strongly denied suggestions that his link to the England job has contributed to his side's recent downturn in form.

Since Fabio Capello resigned as England boss on 8 February, Spurs have won just one of their five Premier League games.

But Redknapp, favourite for the national team post, said: "Absolute nonsense, that is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard in my life.

"The players don't care whether I'm the manager next year."

In their first match after Capello left his position, Tottenham thrashed Newcastle 5-0 to maintain their 10-point lead over fourth-place Arsenal.

But as speculation that Redknapp is set to replace the Italian has increased, Spurs have gone off the boil.

They lost 5-2 at Arsenal, were beaten 3-1 at home by Manchester United, went down 1-0 at Everton and drew 1-1 with Stoke.

In the meantime, Arsenal have won all four of their games to move a point above their north London rivals.

After the Stoke match, Redknapp admitted his side had lost their way but he insists this has nothing to do with the England rumours.

"The players wouldn't lose any sleep over that," he stated. "That's football. Footballers are footballers.

"They play the game, they come in every day and train, somebody else walks in here tomorrow, the king is dead long live the king.

"They don't worry 'Harry's going to England' or 'he's going to go somewhere else'. They don't think about that, I don't think about it.

"It never enters my mind. I don't think what's going to happen to me at the end of the season. Whatever happens to me happens to me.

"I don't lose any sleep over it one way or the other - whether I'm here, somewhere else or nowhere. That's life.

Tottenham face a Chelsea side who are also in the hunt for a top-four finish and find themselves five points behind Redknapp's men.

Spurs have not won at Stamford Bridge since a 2-1 league victory in February 1990.

"It's a big game for us, for sure," Redknapp added. "We've got a lead over Chelsea but we've got to maintain that lead.

"It's going to be tight until the end of the season. The Champions League places are all up for grabs.

"Arsenal have been on an incredible run of winning games and we've struggled to pick up results in the last few weeks.

"There are nine games to go, a lot of points to play for and there will be lots of twists and turns before the end of the season."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17489543

Cracking.

Up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is getting twitchier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Tbf, what else is he supposed to say?

Tbh, who gives a shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post

Tbh, who gives a shit?
    He could respond in not such an agitated way but he also reacted that way last week in his post-match interview. This kind of thing easily radiates to players and it's not the kind of thing that is needed at this stage of the season.

And well it's a thread about him, thus I'll post articles about him in it.

All in all, it doesn't reflect well on him and his ability to manage England because the scrutiny will be so much more intense, therefore, you for one should 'give a shit'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    He could say he loves you almost as much as you love him.

But that would be a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now where is that two year old lasagne?
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    He could say he loves you almost as much as you love him.

But that would be a lie.
    But 'arry is such a looker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If I said to Benoit (Assou-Ekotto) we have not won at Chelsea for 20 years, he wouldn't have a clue. He probably doesn't even know we are playing Chelsea tomorrow until we tell him later on," Redknapp said.

"He won't look at the fixtures. He will turn up and say: 'what time is the coach tomorrow gaffer?'. And that is it. He will be here, but he won't be sure if we were going to Arsenal or Chelsea.

"All players are like that now, most of them. You still have some throwbacks, still I am sure there are maybe a couple of the lads at Chelsea.

"We have got a lot of foreign players here now and they get on with it. The history of the clubs is probably lost on them in all honesty.

"I was showing a picture of John White on the wall to Rafa (van der Vaart) the other day.

"I was telling him he was an amazing footballer that got struck by lightning but he didn't know.

"I come from the East End, we knew about the Arsenals, the Chelseas - we knew all the players.

"I don't think they do that now, not so much. And certainly the foreign players, they are not going to know.

"I think it's a disadvantage. If I asked Frank Lampard he would tell you all about players. He has been brought up with it. His dad would talk about Bobby (Moore) and all them players. It's rarer now I think."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7621194/

Wonderful motivator. More PR for Honest Frank though too.