User Tag List

Page 15 of 146 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7621194/

Wonderful motivator. More PR for Honest Frank though too.
    His dad would talk about Bobby (Moore) and all them players.
    Well, his dad did play about 200 club games alongside said Moore-o, so talking about him isn't that impressive a feat " 'Arry "

"Them players" But then, this is somebody who once burbled "Samassi Abou doesn't speak the English too good"..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7621194/

Wonderful motivator. More PR for Honest Frank though too.
    When I started going to watch the Arsenal at Highbury, his dad Frank Lampard Snr was on the pitch for the West Ham games.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post
    Well, his dad did play about 200 club games alongside said Moore-o, so talking about him isn't that impressive a feat " 'Arry "

"Them players" But then, this is somebody who once burbled "Samassi Abou doesn't speak the English too good"..

I wonder what 'Arry's knowledge of Ajax is like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Tbf, what else is he supposed to say?

Tbh, who gives a shit?
    Harry Redknapp is the strangest love interest to have. Has anyone worked this out yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psychoanalysis of anyone loving 'Arry isn't a subject someone will want to broach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    Harry Redknapp is the strangest love interest to have. Has anyone worked this out yet?
    Coneys his dad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't have the same hatred some of the GWers have for him. Don't worry - I still don't want spuds to win any games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redknapp: We'll trump Gunners

Harry Redknapp still thinks Tottenham will finish above Arsenal this season - but says failing to finish in the top four would be a "big blow".

Saturday saw Spurs boss Redknapp watch his side take a crucial step towards finishing in the top four by drawing 0-0 at Chelsea, maintaining the five-point gap to their fifth-placed opponents.

However, the result was not enough to prevent them slipping further adrift of the resurgent Gunners, who racked up a seventh successive league win to turn what had threatened to be a 13-point deficit to their arch-rivals during last month's north London derby, into a three-point lead.

Tottenham have now gone five league matches without a victory, but their Stamford Bridge performance suggested that blip was about to end during a run-in that looks easier than that of their arch-rivals, who have Manchester City and Chelsea still to play.

Redknapp scoffed at suggestions third place may be beyond his side, saying: "No, it's not out of reach, of course not.

"I still think we'll finish above Arsenal - bring it on, Arsene!"

Wenger's Arsenal have never finished below Tottenham, who last ruled the roost in the capital in 1995.

They looked certain to do so a month ago but Spurs' mini-slump began to cast doubt on whether they would even secure a top-four spot.

"The position we were in a month ago, we looked nailed on, didn't we?" Redknapp said.

"It would be a bigger blow if we don't make it, that's for sure. That would knock me for six."

It really is now theirs to lose, with Chelsea facing an even tougher run-in than Arsenal, as well as a nightmare schedule that includes a Champions League quarter-final.

Redknapp admitted it would suit Spurs for the Blues to reach the semi-finals, saying: "Of course - we want them to go through.

"I think they'll beat Benfica over two games, although I think it'll be a tough game away first leg, and then obviously Barcelona in the semi-final.

"We're all hoping for that because we all want to come here (Stamford Bridge) and watch it - I certainly do."

Saturday's point was therefore arguably their most crucial of the season and Redknapp insisted that it would still be an achievement just to qualify for the Champions League.

Indeed, the 65-year-old suggested that was an even tougher task this year than when he led them into the competition in 2010.

He said: "Man City are now established as a certainty, Man United are a certainty, Arsenal have been there every year, Chelsea, Liverpool are going to get stronger.

"You'd have thought if you can make it this year, it's going to be even harder."

He added: "I enjoyed it last year. It was new to me, it wasn't something that I've had.

"It's not been part of my life any more than it's been part of Tottenham's life.

"They've not been used to Champions League, so it wasn't suddenly: 'Oh my God, we've not got Champions League'."

With Redknapp favourite to become the next England manager, it may prove his only taste of the competition and he had a warning for whoever was in charge at White Hart Lane next season.

"If you want to do it again, you've got to improve," he said.

"These top teams are going to keep improving.

"Chelsea are not going to stand still. They are going to go out and improve their team because the owner does that.

"Man City are going to improve, Man United, Arsenal are already making plans to bring new players in, Liverpool. It's getting tougher.

"There are six teams, really.

"That six are going to be there unless somebody buys one of the clubs.

"If they can get a Russian owner to buy Wigan who's got billions then they could win the league, couldn't they?

"That's how silly the game is."

Finally soem boosting words from the camp. The players, and Harry seem a little upbeat after a good perfromance at Chelsea, and the injury time Rafa goal v Stoke.

I dont know what to make of the rest of the season, but as long as the players and manager is up for it, then that gives us all a reason to get right behind them. This is going to be the most tense run in for years....even more than our battles with City in my opinion.

Spuds. This is more familiar ground. Can't find the original source for it, I've nabbed it from Glory-Glory though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I still think we'll finish above Arsenal - bring it on, Arsene!"
    OK Twitchy, but I reckon spanking you 5-2 and turning a 10 point deficit into a 3 point lead in the space of 5 games already constitutes 'bringing it on'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)