User Tag List

Page 20 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    This and has he been foregin we been hearing how overated he is and how he has not really made the spuds anything more special.

But because he went to them and they were in the bottom 2 and put then in the top 4 he is suddenly A world class manager who will lead england to world class domination.
    To be fair Wenger had us somewhere the bottom and took us back to the top three and he is shit so. . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saw a comment today from an fa board memeber saying that redknapp should be next manager for england because he has that winning menatlily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's not a joke. The guy does fuck up every club he's ever been to and for all his wheeler-dealing he's won just a single trophy. He's the most over-rated manager in world football, a myth. He's suited to be manager of the biggest bunch of losers in International football, a perfect match. And plainly that's all that has been on the greedy, glory seeking bastard's mind since the ridiculous possibility of him being England manager cropped up. Yes, he'll take the spuds all the way down the shitter, because that's what Redknapp is all about - disaster.
    Not sure I agree. Fuckups of clubs after he leaves appear to be the way their boards/owners fucked up the finances. That is their responsibility. If a manager asks to buy a player and the board think it would bust the club, it is their duty to turn down the request. But what has happened to the clubs he has been at:-

West Ham sack him and he goes to Portsmouth. Result: West Ham get relegated at the end of the season while Portsmouth get promoted, have several seasons in the PL and win the FA Cup.
    Tottenham buy him. Result: Portsmouth go down the toilet. Tottenham mount their most serious challenge in top flight since the 1960s.
    England manager resigns, big speculation that 'arry will take over (no surprise as historically he has always indicated he would like the job): Result: Tottenham begin to choke.

The choking of the spud challenge (great, of course) is not because of 'arry but, like chavs under AVB, once the dressing room know that a manager is not going to be staying, the drive falls away.

'arry might be a bit of a barrow boy, he might be managing the enemy, but that does not make him a bad manager. I'll get the usual shit for this post,of course, but all I can say is that as soon as 'arry was appointed Tottenham manager I said at the time that it was the greatest threat to our North London domination for decades. And I was right. If Capello had not stepped down as England manager and had looked like he would be staying longer, I have a feeling that we would not be laughing at spuds now.

People should not let their dislike of an enemy blind themselves to the danger they might pose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    redknapp also said today he hopes chelsea win the champions league. meaning if that his team would be knocked out as it stands. what an idiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Not sure I agree. Fuckups of clubs after he leaves appear to be the way their boards/owners fucked up the finances. That is their responsibility. If a manager asks to buy a player and the board think it would bust the club, it is their duty to turn down the request. But what has happened to the clubs he has been at:-

West Ham sack him and he goes to Portsmouth. Result: West Ham get relegated at the end of the season while Portsmouth get promoted, have several seasons in the PL and win the FA Cup.
    Tottenham buy him. Result: Portsmouth go down the toilet. Tottenham mount their most serious challenge in top flight since the 1960s.
    England manager resigns, big speculation that 'arry will take over (no surprise as historically he has always indicated he would like the job): Result: Tottenham begin to choke.

The choking of the spud challenge (great, of course) is not because of 'arry but, like chavs under AVB, once the dressing room know that a manager is not going to be staying, the drive falls away.

'arry might be a bit of a barrow boy, he might be managing the enemy, but that does not make him a bad manager. I'll get the usual shit for this post,of course, but all I can say is that as soon as 'arry was appointed Tottenham manager I said at the time that it was the greatest threat to our North London domination for decades. And I was right. If Capello had not stepped down as England manager and had looked like he would be staying longer, I have a feeling that we would not be laughing at spuds now.

People should not let their dislike of an enemy blind themselves to the danger they might pose.
    Arry uses the chequebook to buy short term and unsustainable success. He's adept at finding the exit before the shit hits the fan. Then it's a new chequebook and the myth lives on. This is his track record, not some jaundiced view based on hatred. He's certainly the dodgiest manager in football, his whole philosophy seems to be focused on creating huge transfer churn and ensuring he has a financial interest in the wheeler-dealing. Basically he's like a leech or a vampire, sucking the life out of a club and abandoning the corpse just before the cops arrive.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I'll get the usual shit for this post,of course
    Because it's selective and poorly thought out.

You've taken the position that 'Arry is brilliant and then selected the facts which support that assertion and blindly ignore those which show that while he might be a decent manager he's really nothing that special. Spurs falter and instead of conceding that he might not be the messiah after all (but, as the rest of us can see, a very naughty boy) you say it's not his fault. It's zimmtacular logic, frankly.

Someone posted this above which is a more realistic analysis of his career:

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/20...rrys-game.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coney loves Crooknapp.

Coney .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Coney loves Crooknapp.

Coney .
    'Arry must be his secret lovechild or something. It's bizarre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    'Arry must be his secret lovechild or something.
    With Quasimodo?