1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inflated market or not, there will be a lot of pressure on this guy to make a difference straight away. Being a German international must mean something you'd hope.

But Chambers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon he'll be decent. Mainly because the thought of him being a dud and £35m down the shitter is too horrific to contemplate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 5 million and 1 pound less than we were prepared to shell on Suarez. I wonder how a 50 or 55 mill bid back then would have transformed our fortunes? Everything is too late with this club, the irony being their penny pinching and prevarication ends up causing the one thing they are trying to avoid - expenditure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Only 5 million and 1 pound less than we were prepared to shell on Suarez. I wonder how a 50 or 55 mill bid back then would have transformed our fortunes? Everything is too late with this club, the irony being their penny pinching and prevarication ends up causing the one thing they are trying to avoid - expenditure.
    The idiocy of it all is amazing. If they can get away with not spending they certainly will, but as you say they always end up spending it ..in a rush
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could have got Lacazette for that and he's a proven goal scorer, more than the other guy anyway. Anyhoo, onwards and onwards, time will tell how good they both are and they will pull on the shirt, so they will get my cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why. It was probably another one of his qualiteeee judgements. You take Theo as the baseline and if he's not 10,000 times better then it is not the qualiteeee we are looking for.

Mustafi? Well he'd better be great at that price.

If an agent had sidled in and lined up Mustafi, Perez, Xhaka, Asano and Holding and whispered past his hand, yours for £90mill mate...

Who would have taken that? I think I'd have laughed and asked if he was fucking kidding me.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why.
    I think it's because he's black, Wenger used to love signing french speaking players of african descent in the 90s and early noughties....the last ten years ago he seems to have lost his infatuation for the ebony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think, using Wenger's reasoning of not paying big for players, £34 mil its too much for Xhaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    The idiocy of it all is amazing. If they can get away with not spending they certainly will, but as you say they always end up spending it ..in a rush
    More importantly, this pissing around has cost us 5 points on all our supposed rivals. From this point on we need to win 2 more games than Utd, the gypos AND the chavs to finish at the top. For me that pretty much ends the title hunt, not that we were seriously in it anyway. The tortoise relied on one hare falling asleep, we need 3 of them to take a nap.

BECAUSE... we were short at the back
    AND... we could score a goal.

It's all so painfully predictable.
    Für eure Sicherheit