User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shkodran Mustafi (official)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I think it's because he's black, Wenger used to love signing french speaking players of african descent in the 90s and early noughties....the last ten years ago he seems to have lost his infatuation for the ebony.
    You could be on to something. He's even kicked Henry out, and I can imagine Henry standing there shocked asking, 'Is it because I is black?' And I can imagine Wenger saying, 'Yes, that's exactly what it's about.' This all seems to have happened following Wenger breaking up with that black stripper he was dating.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette for 50m is about right in the current market. This Perez dude looks decent but we need someone better than decent to challenge.

Another season of also rans awaits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Lacazette for 50m is about right in the current market. This Perez dude looks decent but we need someone better than decent to challenge.

Another season of also rans awaits...
    A high scoring striker was never going to be enough if our midfield and wide players remain goal shy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll leave this here

http://i.imgur.com/XhZ1tRJ.gifv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    A high scoring striker was never going to be enough if our midfield and wide players remain goal shy.
    A high scoring striker will win you matches and that's really what we needed last season, someone who is clinical, from what we hear of Perez he isn't, which means we haven't solved any issues really.

A scoring winger is a bonus, we really should have gone all in for Lacazette, instead we've settled for a something less than what was needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    I'll leave this here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    I'll leave this here

Classic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why. It was probably another one of his qualiteeee judgements. You take Theo as the baseline and if he's not 10,000 times better then it is not the qualiteeee we are looking for.

Mustafi? Well he'd better be great at that price.

If an agent had sidled in and lined up Mustafi, Perez, Xhaka, Asano and Holding and whispered past his hand, yours for £90mill mate...

Who would have taken that? I think I'd have laughed and asked if he was fucking kidding me.
    Very true, we scoffed at the price of Lacazette when a) had we moved earlier in the summer we could have got him for less and b) the price is not unrealistic.

As for the signings, very few people would have heard of any of those players and that's ignoring the fact we had to pay 90 million for them.

Fine Mustafi plays for Germany but again we got ripped off there because we didn't move early, it's a lot of money for a CB.

I'll take the signings, not what I wanted that's for sure and never heard of any of them back in May/June but Wenger likes that, he loves signing pet projects and then being hailed for discovering them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    A high scoring striker will win you matches and that's really what we needed last season, someone who is clinical, from what we hear of Perez he isn't, which means we haven't solved any issues really.

A scoring winger is a bonus, we really should have gone all in for Lacazette, instead we've settled for a something less than what was needed.
    I wouldn't of thought a high scoring striker could win matches.

Anyway, it doesn't detract from the fact we don't get enough goals elsewhere in the team. As any successful side needs.

This is a thread about a defender anyway, enough of this bollocks from me in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shkodran is a great name.

Has always looked solid for Germany and can fill in reliably at full-back too.

He should settle in pretty quickly with his Albanian bro Xhaka here, plus all the Germans.