User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Perez (official)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he still injured or has Wenger just thrown him on the scrap heap?

What a waste of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing is, he's actually quite good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was kind of obvious this was going to happen. A relatively cheap striker that can also play on the wing benched for the majority of the season just so Wenger’s darling Giroud can get more games. This was always the plan otherwise he’d have gone all out to sign a better striker. Vardy probably decided to sign with Leicester because he people probably asked the right questions about playing time and playing position and didn’t like the feedback. Couple that with the small wages we probably offered, it was obvious we weren’t looking for a main striker.

Once again, Wenger has reverted back to starting Giroud despite seeing that he’s not a starting striker.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Wenger never wanted to sign Lucas in the first place, he thinks he has too many strikers and prefers Giroud and Welbeck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It was kind of obvious this was going to happen. A relatively cheap striker that can also play on the wing benched for the majority of the season just so Wenger’s darling Giroud can get more games. This was always the plan otherwise he’d have gone all out to sign a better striker. Vardy probably decided to sign with Leicester because he people probably asked the right questions about playing time and playing position and didn’t like the feedback. Couple that with the small wages we probably offered, it was obvious we weren’t looking for a main striker.

Once again, Wenger has reverted back to starting Giroud despite seeing that he’s not a starting striker.
    I think Perez is injured right now, but when he did get a few chances he looked twice the player Giroud is in terms of mobility and an eye for goal. Good work rate too and seemed to complement Alexis well. There wasn't enough playing time to form up any real conclusions but I did notice he was always eager to have a pop at goal and he seemed to have a decent degree of accuracy, which is more than can be said for most.

How Wenger couldn't pick up on this and give a bit more game time to a more mobile front line speaks volumes about what a coward he has become. He'd much rather play it safe with Lump up front and the Square Gang congesting up the midfield. That way the opponent can't hurt us - or so he imagines in his little fantasy world.

Is it unfair, or ridiculous to say the average fan would have done a better job of team selection and tactics this season? It does sound a bit ridiculous but when you think it through I'm not so sure it is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Wenger never wanted to sign Lucas in the first place, he thinks he has too many strikers and prefers Giroud and Welbeck.
    Prefers Giroud for what? Giroud is almost the perfect example of what we don't need. The Scorpion King, the one-off, top corner belter. But the other 99 times he can't make the simple header, can't get into the box to apply the finishing touch, and can't even be bothered half the time. What the hell is Wenger seeing when he watches Giroud play? There's nothing to see. What I see is a stubborn old goat who will never admit when he's wrong, even when it hurts the team, the club and his own reputation.

Don't think he really wanted Welbeck either. He bought him to calm the rising protests and because he was relatively cheap. The man who signed Thierry Henry - what an absolute joke he has become. Sanogo, Park, Welbeck, Perez, there's no strategy there at all. No rhyme or reason.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Prefers Giroud for what? Giroud is almost the perfect example of what we don't need. The Scorpion King, the one-off, top corner belter. But the other 99 times he can't make the simple header, can't get into the box to apply the finishing touch, and can't even be bothered half the time. What the hell is Wenger seeing when he watches Giroud play? There's nothing to see. What I see is a stubborn old goat who will never admit when he's wrong, even when it hurts the team, the club and his own reputation.

Don't think he really wanted Welbeck either. He bought him to calm the rising protests and because he was relatively cheap. The man who signed Thierry Henry - what an absolute joke he has become. Sanogo, Park, Welbeck, Perez, there's no strategy there at all. No rhyme or reason.
    Ha i don't know why you're asking me as if i have a greater window into Wenger's mind than you do

All i'm going is from what i heard and what i heard is that Perez was a signing to mollify fans because Welbeck was out until the end of the year (his preference was to wait until he came back rather than go into the transfer market).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Ha i don't know why you're asking me as if i have a greater window into Wenger's mind than you do

All i'm going is from what i heard and what i heard is that Perez was a signing to mollify fans because Welbeck was out until the end of the year (his preference was to wait until he came back rather than go into the transfer market).
    Suppose it doesn't matter now that we are signing Mbappe.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

I think you missed out on Chamack and the guy with the balding braides that couldnt kick a ball with both eyes open. Gervinho!!!!. Yes. what a jewel he was.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought to get the fans off his back and it worked a treat, didn't cost a big amount and the fans were then happy with the summer transfer window (even though it was let's be honest rubbish).

Another one of these players Wenger signs and almost never plays, he's got history doing this, another odd thing about him, would rather spend 10-15 million on a player people know little about and not play him than bit the bullet and sign someone proven.

As for Giroud, everyone knows he's average, the only one that doesn't seem to know is Wenger, how long has this guy been with us playing as effectively our number 1 striker now?
    Last edited by Özim; 03-05-2017 at 01:20 PM.