User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Perez (official)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The Mustafi deal was not a panic buy, it's been clear for the better part of a month we were after him

Lucas Perez?.....I think that it appears that we revisited a player we didn't originally appear to be interested in suggests it was something of a panic buy.
    That and Everton were after him. I bet they're mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What worries me is that we might ditch the Lewandowski deal now.
    Nice to see a light hearted post for once

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    Nice to see a light hearted post for once
    Mock all you want. But don't come crying when the window close and no Jonny Evans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pressure probably came from many places. Everyone and his horse knew we needed reinforcements, except Wenger of course. Wenger certainly won't have been swayed by the fans, who he clearly despises. But the board might have been. Image will be important to them and they won't want to be seen as a going nowhere, laughing stock of a club that presents declining incentives for sponsors. I'm not saying they will have been greatly influenced, it'd be more like, just do it, we don't need the fuss.

And I agree with the general sentiment that this has been a clusterfuck of a transfer window. The sort of mayhem that only Wenger could achieve. None of the players we bought would have been on my list. Roughly £90mill has now been spent and to be honest, we don't have a lot to show for it. Roll the clock back and stick a £70/80 mill bid in for a top striker, spend another 20 on a quality CB. That's how it should have been done. The stupid idiots have ended up spending the money anyway and there's no way I'm buying the idea Wenger set out with Mustafi and Perez on his shopping list.

All in all it's a... hurts your head thinking about the way Wenger operates.
    I don't think Wenger despises the fans so nothing clear about that.

Have to agreed the transfer window has been a clusterfuck though. You should probably amend your analysis to "The sort of mayhem that only Arsenal could achieve". Wenger isn't alone in this, the board is a big part of this, I think sometimes fans forget that.

It does seem crazy that we've spent 90m and not signed anyone who is really exciting That said I am encouraged by these signings, first because we're actually doing something and secondly because I think all of our signings are solid, if unspectacular additions.

From what I've seen Perez looks very similar to Vardy and he has experience of playing as a striker and as part of a front three. If you look at it from Wenger perspective I think he see Perez as a short term addition in the striker role until we can get that top quality striker at an acceptable price. Then he'll probably take Walcott's place in the squad when we finally find a way to ship him out.

His stats don't look great at first reading. Roughly 1 goal every 3 games but as a winger for most of his career, that's actually pretty good. He has pace as well so will provide a good alternative to Big Sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mock all you want. But don't come crying when the window close and no Jonny Evans.
    Don't worry I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was just saying it's nice to have some light humour for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have something different to look forward to, and at Arsenal that's a huge novelty.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post
    I don't think Wenger despises the fans so nothing clear about that.

Have to agreed the transfer window has been a clusterfuck though. You should probably amend your analysis to "The sort of mayhem that only Arsenal could achieve". Wenger isn't alone in this, the board is a big part of this, I think sometimes fans forget that.

It does seem crazy that we've spent 90m and not signed anyone who is really exciting That said I am encouraged by these signings, first because we're actually doing something and secondly because I think all of our signings are solid, if unspectacular additions.

From what I've seen Perez looks very similar to Vardy and he has experience of playing as a striker and as part of a front three. If you look at it from Wenger perspective I think he see Perez as a short term addition in the striker role until we can get that top quality striker at an acceptable price. Then he'll probably take Walcott's place in the squad when we finally find a way to ship him out.

His stats don't look great at first reading. Roughly 1 goal every 3 games but as a winger for most of his career, that's actually pretty good. He has pace as well so will provide a good alternative to Big Sexy.
    There's an oxymoron if I ever read one. Wenger is bemoaning the fact that there is one price for English clubs and another for European clubs. Well they all know that from this year, the lowest placed club will get more than the CL because of TV rights. They want a piece of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    There's an oxymoron if I ever read one. Wenger is bemoaning the fact that there is one price for English clubs and another for European clubs. Well they all know that from this year, the lowest placed club will get more than the CL because of TV rights. They want a piece of it.
    Not sure you know what Oxymoron means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...w-laid-bare-b/

We could have really been waiting on Asano's work permit and once rejected we changed our minds about Perez.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    if he signs, he will be probably making his debut on his 28th birthday