User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Watford v Arsenal, Saturday 27th August, 3pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    In this game we weren't driven off a cliff at all.
    Deliberately obtuse? What are you hoping to achieve by avoiding the Wenger problem? Do you think things can change if he's allowed to drift on without protest? Or are they likely to remain the same. And if the latter, wouldn't it be better if some fans at least put an effort in to remove him, even if the odds of success are slim, even if you are not so inclined to participate yourself? It would take even less effort to get out of the way than to stand in the way of those who want to at least try to achieve something.

What would you have me say about this game? Why don't you choose the words, I will type them out, you can congratulate me.

Meanwhile, come May, the only result that counts will have unfolded once again. Our lack of a challenge. This win will add a few points on to the total that will see us over the line in 4th place again, maybe even 3rd or 2nd if all our rivals screw up for two seasons running. But we will not be in touching distance of the top spot, for all the usual reasons. So okay, I guess we could say good result. This will help us secure yet another qualification to the CL (for what purpose in footballing terms, I'm sure nobody knows). Now what. Do we have to wait until the end of the season before we speak about the major reason why we don't compete? And why finishing in the top 4 is a futile pursuit given our routine embarrassments on the continent? Would it be a middle ground to say, 3 points, good. Just the 5 behind our major rivals due to the fact we blew the first two games by being unprepared as usual. But I guess that would take us back to the elephant in the room.

Better to stick with, excellent. Not an easy place to go and get 3 points. Good first half. Understandable we slacked off in the second. Well done Cech for preserving 3 comfortable points.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What are you hoping to achieve by avoiding the Wenger problem? Do you think things can change if he's allowed to drift on without protest?
    What are you hoping to achieve by posting "Wenger Out" on a pretty obscure Arsenal messageboard every 5 minutes. That really isn't a protest. It achieves nothing.

What would you have me say about this game?
    What did you think of the starting XI?
    Do you think anyone should have started who didn't or vice versa?
    How do you think we played?
    Did any of the players particularly stand out?
    Did any look poor?
    What do you make of the new signings?
    Are you pleased with the result?

There are a load of things you could say about any game. Instead your entire focus after games, transfers, press conferences is "how can I spin what has just happened to criticise Wenger?"
    As I said, you're like a bitter ex.

Do we have to wait until the end of the season before we speak about the major reason why we don't compete?
    No, but you don't need to say it in every post either.