Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozil - Do we need him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    A direct quote.

What's the perspective? We're at the end of the season looking unlikely to qualify for the CL and you thought it was a good idea to post this up?
    You're so triggered by this, aren't you? This is a freaking thread about Ozil. Those stats relate to Ozil. I'm thinking you are viewing this as some sort of personal attack. No. It's a response to a title conjured up ages ago that suggested we don't need Ozil. Well, everything says we do. Including the stats.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You're so triggered by this, aren't you? This is a freaking thread about Ozil. Those stats relate to Ozil. I'm thinking you are viewing this as some sort of personal attack. No. It's a response to a title conjured up ages ago that suggested we don't need Ozil. Well, everything says we do. Including the stats.
    This is like someone posting up our recent victories and trying to make a case for us needing Wenger to sign a new contract.

Of course I'm triggered. It's a message board, I started the thread and we've been going back and forth for a whole season.

We may revisit this again when the season is over. If Ozil is able to produce a 'record breaking' performance against a relegated Sunderland and doesn't disappear in big matches, I expect to see him play well in our final two games against Everton and Chelsea. If a player can only turn it on against teams in the bottom half of the table, we don't need them.

I don't want excuses about the wrong system and blah blah, because he's not one of the players that's not being played in their best position or a limited player like a Giroud or Theo. That's what I find funny. Even the most limited players here that have to play in a system that doesn't suit them have managed to turn up more against top opposition despite being very flawed technically. Theo and Giroud are two classic examples this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Ozil should be doing more in the big games, but he's hardly the only one that goes missing is he? The real question is how many of our players do turn up in those games? The only name that comes to mind is Sanchez but even he often gets accused of disappearing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is like someone posting up our recent victories and trying to make a case for us needing Wenger to sign a new contract.

Of course I'm triggered. It's a message board, I started the thread and we've been going back and forth for a whole season.

We may revisit this again when the season is over. If Ozil is able to produce a 'record breaking' performance against a relegated Sunderland and doesn't disappear in big matches, I expect to see him play well in our final two games against Everton and Chelsea. If a player can only turn it on against teams in the bottom half of the table, we don't need them.

I don't want excuses about the wrong system and blah blah, because he's not one of the players that's not being played in their best position or a limited player like a Giroud or Theo. That's what I find funny. Even the most limited players here that have to play in a system that doesn't suit them have managed to turn up more against top opposition despite being very flawed technically. Theo and Giroud are two classic examples this year.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is about Keown sucking Wenger's cock - has nothing to do with Ozil. Keown even has to admit that by the end of his slavish grovel-piece.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't be our concern by the end of the season. The fact that nobody has bitten when he is nearing the end of his contract speaks volumes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real problem is figures like Keown defended Wenger at the key moment when it would still have been possible to get rid of the cunt, maybe. All that shit about Wenger "deserving" this or that. You deserve fuck all else when you just got paid 8 million quid.

The real story of Saturday was not Ozil or Xhaka or Ramsey - it was Wenger. His bizarre team selections, his incompetent tactics. His decade of failure and his inability to do a damn thing about it, in fact every season he makes it worse.

So we have Gerrard and Keown going, oh, look over there, and pointing in the opposite direction to the ever guilty Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The real problem is figures like Keown defended Wenger at the key moment when it would still have been possible to get rid of the cunt, maybe. All that shit about Wenger "deserving" this or that. You deserve fuck all else when you just got paid 8 million quid.

The real story of Saturday was not Ozil or Xhaka or Ramsey - it was Wenger. His bizarre team selections, his incompetent tactics. His decade of failure and his inability to do a damn thing about it, in fact every season he makes it worse.

So we have Gerrard and Keown going, oh, look over there, and pointing in the opposite direction to the ever guilty Wenger.
    How's the opinion of a pundit the real problem? Kroenke isn't listening to Keown's opinion when it comes to deciding Wenger's future.

It comes back to under performing players, a shit manager and an incompetent Board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the opinion of a pundit the real problem? Kroenke isn't listening to Keown's opinion when it comes to deciding Wenger's future.

It comes back to under performing players, a shit manager and an incompetent Board.
    The real problem with this particular hype storm, all plucked out of thin air by Gerrard and Keown. Neither of them has the bollocks to call Wenger out, and Henry barely has the nerve to do it either.
    Für eure Sicherheit