User Tag List

Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: Ozil - Do we need him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    New league wage rules have put a cap on how much clubs can spend on wages. The Ozil wage situation is more important than you think.
    It isn’t important to me at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    It isn’t important to me at all.
    Not even if Ozil's wages forms part of the reason why we can't bring in new signings? That's unimportant to you, but I get where others are coming from and bring it up if it effects the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imteresting comments from Kolasinac

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...newsletterlink

Right now, and not withstanding the wage issue, we do need him IMO

I think omce the rest of the team learn to give him the ball more often, he could be even more effective
    Last edited by Mac76; 26-12-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any creative midfielder would do tbh, preferably one that can play each week.

It’s all very well having an ‘Ozil’ when he turns up but pointless if he can’t play regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not really a fan of Ozil, but he didn’t deserve to be hauled off at half time yesterday. My feelings on him are quite clear, despite this he is needed right now as all of our other offensive midfielders are off form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Emery’s management has got quite a few good performances out of Ozil.

Has it changed anyone’s opinion enough to keep him and his wage on the books next season?

Or if not, if he carries on as he has recently, would that warrant keeping him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think he was outstanding yesterday but overall I wouldn't want to lose him and Ramsey.
    Starting to think Ramsey is the bigger loss, we've buggered that one right up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn’t fantastic but he’s working harder and feels like part of the collective team at the moment.

I’d be more gutted about Ramsey if his injury record wasn’t so terrible. That always evens out the positives he gives for the team across a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    He wasn’t fantastic but he’s working harder and feels like part of the collective team at the moment.
    I agree - it wasn't great but he does enough for me and is working harder - but i was annoyed when he had just the goalie in front of him and passed to Auba instead - he should have had a go, it's no disgrace not beating De Gea

The wage is the big problem - is it inconceiveable they could sit down with him and say - "look if you love the club and want to stay can we renegotiate, otherwise we may be forced to try and sell you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The wage is the big problem - is it inconceiveable they could sit down with him and say - "look if you love the club and want to stay can we renegotiate, otherwise we may be forced to try and sell you?"
    I think it's fair to say that no modern day footballer will ever do that, let alone Ozil. Tbf, I wouldn't either if someone freely offered the deal to me only a year earlier.