User Tag List

Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozil - Do we need him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    That's exactly what we need. To turn our 77% possession domination into 89% possession domination.

Sanchez has a low pass success stat but he's the one that scores the most, came up with the most assists and has been the go to guy when we're in need of a goal. No risk no reward. The last thing we need is to fill the squad with more careful pussies that are afraid to play the risky pass or have a shot. NQ cracks me up because he's the first to rail against the tippy tappy football. The problem isn't retaining possession in the danger zone. If we actually had players that could defend, hold their shape and bother to defend when we lose the ball, we wouldn't have to be so conservative in attack.
    We're not "conservative" in attack. We're incompetent in attack. That 77% tip tap nightmare breaks down the minute the ball goes into the danger area. You have been campaigning for a year to get rid one of the few players we have that can keep possession in the danger zone, rather than turf it over and expose the defence you are so worried about.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We're not "conservative" in attack. We're incompetent in attack. That 77% tip tap nightmare breaks down the minute the ball goes into the danger area. You have been campaigning for a year to get rid one of the few players we have that can keep possession in the danger zone, rather than turf it over and expose the defence you are so worried about.
    This is classic Wenger logic. Because we're so shit at defending and can concede two goals from teams that only manage one shot on target , the solution is to win more possession and not lose the ball in dangerous areas? That is just backwards. How about learning how to defend so we're not so vulnerable on the counter or afraid to take risks on the edge of the box?

In the danger areas, we need better quality players that can actually score goals and be a consistent goal threat. Ozil is not that. Watxh the video I posted. Created next to nothing in the first half and only woke up once we went a goal down. It's not enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about it. Add another player that plays exactly like Ozil to this team and we'll most likely see the same toothless performances.

Add another Sanchez...more risk in possession but with two players in the squad with that sort of drive to score and create....it's a no brainer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    This is classic Wenger logic. Because we're so shit at defending and can concede two goals from teams that only manage one shot on target , the solution is to win more possession and not lose the ball in dangerous areas? That is just backwards. How about learning how to defend so we're not so vulnerable on the counter or afraid to take risks on the edge of the box?

In the danger areas, we need better quality players that can actually score goals and be a consistent goal threat. Ozil is not that. Watxh the video I posted. Created next to nothing in the first half and only woke up once we went a goal down. It's not enough.
    Erm, just no. In the danger area you need a mix of players, including those who can score goals and be a consistent goal threat. And learning how to defend, well yes of course. Always better than not learning how to defend. But how about making something of possession in the final third rather than just losing the ball? Then our learned friends in defence are going to be under less pressure and it will be our opponents who have to worry. What's really backwards is trying to fuck one of our best players out of the team because he doesn't score enough goals to justify his now rather minuscule price tag. All he's done is be Europe's best assister, although (apparently) he doesn't slide enough balls through for strikers that Wenger prefers to position with their backs to goal so they can lay-off passes to certain players who are absolutely shite at retaining possession in the danger area. Around and around we go.

This campaign to get rid of Ozil is ludicrous, frankly. Especially as it's Arsenal fans that seem to be doing the media legwork. Even Wenger's not this dumb. Ozil doesn't score enough goals - get rid. Santi Cazorla has scored 25 times in 129 appearances. Get rid. Ozil has scored 23 in 116. Get rid. Yeah, they might be absolutely vital to the cohesion of the team - but not enough goals. Get rid of a player who Wenger can't replace internally and no way would spent the money to replace from an external source? Makes zero sense, much like the media witchhunt that has been evident since the day Ozil signed. The lazy, stealing a living, best passer, best assisting, world cup winning, almost last remaining prestige player at the club. Get rid. Danny Welbeck can also play there and will be like a new signing when he loses the ball.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, doesn't matter the season, weeks gone, pull out the comparisons and Ozil stacks up just fine. Pay attention to the final stat, duels won, to get a glimpse at how lazy and disinterested Ozil is. And that's starting a season when he doesn't want to be here.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...tal_duels_%#90

And if two games in is too short a time, well tell Keown and Gerrard that. They are the dickheads who started all this up again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Context is everything. Watch the below video of Ozil's performance against Leicester City this season.

He's great at keeping the ball but where the heck are the quality chances created that people kept fucking up for him? I watched the game live, the highlights and thank fuck for Youtube but I can't see the 10 great chances we've squandered. A few of the best chances fell to him and he missed the target. (6:15) (6:50). Most of what I see here is sideways and backwards passes. Quick ones or cut backs into an already crowed box to Welbeck aren't great chances put on a plate for Welbeck. (2:20) (2:56). Welbeck could do better and should have done a lot better with the cross against Stoke but these aren't wonder passes here. This is bog standard stuff. In the video above you'll see Ozil screw up similar chances.

Ozil is great at keeping possession and if he had some muscle and hustle, I'd love him as a CM. I don't mind the backwards and sideways cautious passing from a CM because possession is important. But as an attacking midfielder, I expect to see more action from him. Take the man on more, take the risk and don't just pass it to the side if there is a risk of physical contact. He can't shoot for toffee. Good to see him take some shots from outside the area this season but he needs to work on his accuracy. And not to totally kill him, I think he's great at crossing the ball. Despite people saying Giroud and Ozil don't work, fact is, Ozil's best season came with Giroud up front and good chunk of the goals were created from set pieces and crosses. Ozil may hate playing wide left but maybe crossing is his most effective weapon. When faced with a crowed box, he really struggles to create. Compare this video to the last one with the Stoke highlights and just look at what Ox was doing. I don't even rate Ox that highly the chances he created and trouble he was causing is the sort of thing people look over. Those are the sort of chances I say are worth highlighting and saying he's unlucky not to have an assist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have got Salah, at 35 mil he looks.a bargain
    [B]Check out my friends stand up Comedy channel :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil has signed a new contract £350k a week not bad work if you can get it.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mesut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Ozil has signed a new contract £350k a week not bad work if you can get it.
    He has a played an absolute blinder! Credit to his negotiation team and lawyers for how they played this. £350k a week!

It's good news for the club because there is would have looked bad to lose both Ozil and Sanchez.

Clean slate for Ozil from me. He's like a new signing and will be judging his performances based off what we have now. With Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette, we're not short of pace and goal scorers.

That's a very strong attacking line up!