User Tag List

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: Ozil - Do we need him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends if he’s genuinely in Emery’s plans or not. If he isn’t, which has seemed to be the case for the majority of the season, then we definitely need to get rid because it’s hemorrhaging money.

If this tough love is getting performances out of Ozil and Emery is prepared to have him in the team on a regular basis then he should be kept. There’s no doubt Ozil when he’s on it is an exceptional player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    I think it's fair to say that no modern day footballer will ever do that, let alone Ozil. Tbf, I wouldn't either if someone freely offered the deal to me only a year earlier.
    yeah, i know you're right, it's just a shame they put such a big deal on the table in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't actually think the decent performances are definitely a result of the tough love approach. I think there's a large whiff of confirmation bias to that to me. As most have said, he wasn't amazing yesterday but he did muck in. His best performances this season haven't necessarily been his hardest working......but it is clear that if he is seen to work harder.....most will be much more lenient on how they rate his performances.