User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Celebrity Death 2016

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's loads this year. Old people dying, who'd have thought it.

Robert Vaughn.
    Castro.
    Keith Emerson.
    Arnold Palmer.
    R2D2.
    Anton Yelchin.
    George Martin.
    Nancy Reagan.

In terms of worst way to die, Anton Yelchin has to be up there.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 12-12-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruyff too

Darn you, 2016. Darn you to heck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Attenborough. Still time.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Was reading that there isn't anything especially phenomenal about the amount of celebrity deaths, it's just that the scope of fame has had its net widened over the years along with the obituary business within newspapers that it actually just seems that more are dying.

Bowie was the biggest loss for me, but even then I remember the amount of silly arses who I knew who had never mentioned him before talking about what an inspiration he'd been in their lives. He wasn't an inspiration in my life, his existence didn't profoundly affect me one way or the other I just liked his music (mainly the earlier stuff).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Was reading that there isn't anything especially phenomenal about the amount of celebrity deaths, it's just that the scope of fame has had its net widened over the years along with the obituary business within newspapers that it actually just seems that more are dying.

Bowie was the biggest loss for me, but even then I remember the amount of silly arses who I knew who had never mentioned him before talking about what an inspiration he'd been in their lives. He wasn't an inspiration in my life, his existence didn't profoundly affect me one way or the other I just liked his music (mainly the earlier stuff).
    I read something similar - it's simply that in the 50s and 60s the whole concept of fame exploded. More people were famous and those people are now dying out.
    Bowie wasn't an inspiration for me and he's more of a "Best Of" person for me but you can't deny his legacy and the influence he did have in the music business.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: That said, there have been quite a few young-ish deaths this year which has boosted the usual churn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasn't really an edit, more of an additional post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

Bowie's work with Mick Ronson on Changes, Aladin Sane and Ziggy Stardust was brilliant. Ziggy Stardust is one of the greatest ever albums and Ronson's meaty guitar work hits the spot every time.
    Was not keen on Bowie's later work though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prince, Bowie, Muhammad Ali, George Martin, Phife, Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Robert Vaughn and Gene Wilder

Meanwhile, Kirk Douglas turned 100 last Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Prince, Bowie, Muhammad Ali, George Martin, Phife, Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Robert Vaughn and Gene Wilder

Meanwhile, Kirk Douglas turned 100 last Friday
    Crap team.
    Für eure Sicherheit