User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Australian Open 2017 (16-29 January).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nadal doing a stand-up routine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I have to say as pleased as I am for Roger Federer (and I am, he's my favourite tennis player of all time) there is clearly a problem with young talent coming into the sport. Raonic, Tomic and Dmitrov were meant to be the next big things but only one of them has even made it to a grand slam final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I have to say as pleased as I am for Roger Federer (and I am, he's my favourite tennis player of all time) there is clearly a problem with young talent coming into the sport. Raonic, Tomic and Dmitrov were meant to be the next big things but only one of them has even made it to a grand slam final.
    Could be but guys like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and maybe even Muzza have raised the bar to a ridiculous standard. You have to be really special in this era to stand out.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 29-01-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Could be but guys like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and maybe even Muzza have raised the bar to a ridiculous standard. You have to be really special in this era to stand out.
    I'm not so sure, if there was a youngster consistently getting through to the business end of tournamènts but falling afoul of one of those players the way Muzza was before he finally made the breakthrough I might agree.

I thought Krygios might be the real deal a few years back but if he has the talent he sure as hell don't have the discipline.

I do think Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have taken the game to a new levèl. What Federer achieved today I think is arguably the crowning glory of his career, more so than his finally breaking through at Roland Garros, more so than seven wimbledons. At 35 he turned the clock back and finally got another one over his old rival.

If that's his final grand slam, what a way to end your career

Nadal is a victim of his own playing style, it was a real shock that the man who mentally and physically outlasts his opponents lost the last five games of the match. No one should be getting tendonitis in the knees at 23, you notice how since then he lost a lot of the bulk in his arms.

But Murray and Djokovic are both approaching 30, the careers of both are likely to be on a downward trajectory or at least would be if they had any successors waiting in the wing.

Maybe Stan Wawrinka is the indicator of how things will go, players will be much more mature age wise before they start winning the majors

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fed

That point in the fifth set

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sue Barker.

Federer is just one set away from his 18th Grand Slam final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't believe this happened tbf.