User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scezney really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it shows real arrogance/myopia from the manager - namely that he feels he is so good at finding/developing young talent that they are good enough to play at the top level straight away. he seems to think that because it worked with Cesc it'll work with anyone.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a good young keeper who could use someone older to learn from, I think he's got a lot of potential...not sure if he's quite ready yet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF he is a young lad who has been thrown in at the deep end tbf. Did he think he would play in all those important matches for us no way. He really should not be no 1 next season he needs to learn from another before he gets the job full time.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just needs to spend the next 3 months with Lehmann.

Then he will be a perfect no1 at the start of next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    He just needs to spend the next 3 months with Lehmann.

Then he will be a perfect no1 at the start of next season.
    You have me wondering what it would be like living for three months with Jens lehmann. Brrrr....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    He like many before him suffer from "Wengeritis" in that they use the first 11 as a developmental stage, which it shouldnt be, if he neds first team footie to develop then loan him to a championship club cos he isnt ready for the big stage. You cant just wander in completely inexperienced and play top level footie and champs league footie ffs, the same happened to Eastmond and he hasnt been seen since.

We have 2 levels of players now, he stars and the kids, sadly the kids tend to be back upto to the stars making our squad so ridiculously unbalanced its a joke, these kids are bought into he first team with such hype from the manager and the fans that when they unsurprisingly fail they get crucified as failures.

I dont think any other club in the wiorld does this but us.
    Pretty much. Wenger just doesn't seem to place any value on experience and maturity any more (if he ever did). Chesney shows a lot of potential, as does Flappy if we're fair, but neither are PL winning keepers - yet. Both would benefit massively from learning with a seasoned pro though. Somebody like Jens or Seaman. The fact Wenger wouldn't pay the last few miserable quid for a #1 keeper in the summer and instead threw these kids into the lion's den says a lot about the "father figure" stereotype he carries around. Managers who really care about a player's development and career don't do that. It's one thing being a backup keeper and cocking-up in a big game, people understand it and forgive it - the player is still learning after all. But when you go out in a cup final carrying the #1 tag then people expect more and it's a lot for a kid to carry that pressure. Wenger is doing the same to Wilshere. In fact they're all piling on Jack. He's played over 50 games this year and now straight into international duty. It's crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wondering more and more whether in the medium/long term AW may be retarding the development of the young players whose cause he is so famous for championing. Been a while since we have really seen dramatic improvements from his players accross the board. If anything, the majority seem to be standing still/regressing.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    I have been wondering more and more whether in the medium/long term AW may be retarding the development of the young players whose cause he is so famous for championing. Been a while since we have really seen dramatic improvements from his players accross the board. If anything, the majority seem to be standing still/regressing.
    You are not the only one coming to this conclusion. How can they possibly develop when their confidence is being knocked as a reult of not being able to make mistakes and learn from them in a safer and more understanding environment with no one to look up to or learn from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    He like many before him suffer from "Wengeritis" in that they use the first 11 as a developmental stage, which it shouldnt be, if he neds first team footie to develop then loan him to a championship club cos he isnt ready for the big stage. You cant just wander in completely inexperienced and play top level footie and champs league footie ffs, the same happened to Eastmond and he hasnt been seen since.

We have 2 levels of players now, he stars and the kids, sadly the kids tend to be back upto to the stars making our squad so ridiculously unbalanced its a joke, these kids are bought into he first team with such hype from the manager and the fans that when they unsurprisingly fail they get crucified as failures.

I dont think any other club in the wiorld does this but us.

Yup, AW has been using the first team as a nursery for way too long, who do these players learn from?

FWIW, I like Chesney...he has a lot of raw potential...raw in the sense that he's still quite rough around the edges but there's a very good keeper in there IMHO. Personally I feel we should bring in a quality experienced keeper to accelerate his or Fabianski's development, really Arsene should make his decision on who he wants to keep.

Personally I prefer Chesney over Fabianski, I think Ches is the more rounded keeper.

P.S. I think having Chesney & Fabianski as number 1 & 2 at the club is potentially damaging for both of them, who do they learn from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 years on from the start of project youth, Cesc is still the face of it. Who else has Wenger managed to build up from scratch into not just a relatively competent player (that any manger could do), but a player that genuinely excels? I would not be too surprised if Bendtner becomes a 20 goal a season striker at say, Bayern Munich where he has been linked for example, why Wenger felt the need to play him on the right wing is beyond me. I'm not an expert but I don't see how a 6ft+ striker with no pace is going to succeed out there.

It's a worry that Wenger's biggest draw, his youth development, may also be one of his flaws now.