User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scezney really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    5 years on from the start of project youth, Cesc is still the face of it. Who else has Wenger managed to build up from scratch into not just a relatively competent player (that any manger could do), but a player that genuinely excels? I would not be too surprised if Bendtner becomes a 20 goal a season striker at say, Bayern Munich where he has been linked for example, why Wenger felt the need to play him on the right wing is beyond me. I'm not an expert but I don't see how a 6ft+ striker with no pace is going to succeed out there.

It's a worry that Wenger's biggest draw, his youth development, may also be one of his flaws now.
    I think Wenger's youth development has been very overrated. As you say who has he 'developed' other than Cesc in the last 6 years?

And even before that some of his young signings have been questionable, Aliadiere, Jeffers to name 2. I think he got lucky with the likes of Vieira and Henry in that they didn't need developing so much more just given a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mystic aura around Wenger is starting to clear for me too and the only thing I see now is a bank manager who eats healthily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Yup, AW has been using the first team as a nursery for way too long, who do these players learn from?

FWIW, I like Chesney...he has a lot of raw potential...raw in the sense that he's still quite rough around the edges but there's a very good keeper in there IMHO. Personally I feel we should bring in a quality experienced keeper to accelerate his or Fabianski's development, really Arsene should make his decision on who he wants to keep.

Personally I prefer Chesney over Fabianski, I think Ches is the more rounded keeper.

P.S. I think having Chesney & Fabianski as number 1 & 2 at the club is potentially damaging for both of them, who do they learn from?
    I do wonder if we will try and get Given from Man City this summer as a foil for the other two, he is the wrong kind of keeper for us IMO but is still a big improvement and a move in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Scesney is a good keeper for his age . He is confident and never let a single mistake affect him . He is learning his trade . The way we defend let him down .But he will come very good and grow with years .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have a WORLD CLASS keeper in the making in this kid, I think he is a brilliant keeper and how you can say that he hasn't made any top class saves, I have seen quite a few made by him, can't point them out from which games, but he has made some great saves. We have finally found a keeper who will become a long-term No.1 for club and country just like Seam-o... What hasn't helped is the fact that he has had a rotation of CB's in front of him who are as trusting as my kids playing CB. I think now we have Vermaelen back and if we can get Kocielny's confidence back up to where it was before the CC Final then I think we could have a really good solid backline... I would get rid of Clichy now though and bring in the Konchesky :P Joking, maybe Gibbs to get the nod over him. I have faith in what Arsenal can do next season like I do every year. Considering we had Cesc and RvP out for half a season then I think we done as well as we could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishitaliangooner View Post
    I think we have a WORLD CLASS keeper in the making in this kid, I think he is a brilliant keeper and how you can say that he hasn't made any top class saves, I have seen quite a few made by him, can't point them out from which games, but he has made some great saves. We have finally found a keeper who will become a long-term No.1 for club and country just like Seam-o... What hasn't helped is the fact that he has had a rotation of CB's in front of him who are as trusting as my kids playing CB. I think now we have Vermaelen back and if we can get Kocielny's confidence back up to where it was before the CC Final then I think we could have a really good solid backline... I would get rid of Clichy now though and bring in the Konchesky :P Joking, maybe Gibbs to get the nod over him. I have faith in what Arsenal can do next season like I do every year. Considering we had Cesc and RvP out for half a season then I think we done as well as we could.
    Cesc will be out for the whole season this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think Scesney is a good keeper for his age . He is confident and never let a single mistake affect him . He is learning his trade . The way we defend let him down .But he will come very good and grow with years .
    by that time, he will also become disillusioned with the shambles around him. Ask cesc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember the spuds game, if it werent for him, we would have lost heavily. dont think we should drop him, keep him as no 1 now unless he fucks up big time in which case drop him as per normal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has looked average to me but ive seen enough for him not to be sold like the other 2 should be.

Keep him but as number 2 and get in a top quality keeper this summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has done ok. He hasn't been world class but he hasn't exactly played badly either. Also as Alpha mentioned he doesn't let a mistake phase him, he forgets about it and gets on with it. That ability and his self confidence are vital traits for a keeper. IMO he has the potential to become world class, or at least a very good keeper.

We need to strengthen other areas of the pitch far more than the keeper position. Give Szcezney another season and see how he does. After all this was only his debut season. We'll be fine with Fabianski as back up too.