User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Scezney really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the current state of the squad and Wenger ...honest answer is I don't know why Wenger let it get to this, only he knows the full truth
    That's the real problem, years of neglect. That's why it seems such a bad idea to give the guy another year and potentially another three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's the real problem, years of neglect. That's why it seems such a bad idea to give the guy another year and potentially another three.
    You think if we tread water for a 3rd year that they won't consider simply not offering him another extension? We're patient but we're not THAT patient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the errors of the past are repeated next season, I doubt we'll be blaming playing an inexperienced keeper like Chesney. There are more experienced keepers about, but we have limited resources and a multitude of problems. Prioritising dealing with our problems is crucial if we are to progress. Im my opinion, we could get a keeper with tha qualities of Pat jennings, David Seaman and Jens Lehmann rolled in to one and he'd still look a mug behind our defence. So in the transfer window, we have bigger priorities than a new keeper. Lets sort them out and if there are still resources available for better than we have in goal, by all means improve that position then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    You think if we tread water for a 3rd year that they won't consider simply not offering him another extension? We're patient but we're not THAT patient.
    As long as we're in the top 4 he'll be offered an extension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    When the errors of the past are repeated next season, I doubt we'll be blaming playing an inexperienced keeper like Chesney. There are more experienced keepers about, but we have limited resources and a multitude of problems. Prioritising dealing with our problems is crucial if we are to progress. Im my opinion, we could get a keeper with tha qualities of Pat jennings, David Seaman and Jens Lehmann rolled in to one and he'd still look a mug behind our defence. So in the transfer window, we have bigger priorities than a new keeper. Lets sort them out and if there are still resources available for better than we have in goal, by all means improve that position then.

The keeper situation has always been exaggerated because of the shit defence. Sort out the defence and having an average keeper (what I think Chesney is atm) won't be a huge issue. Improve the attack and conceding goals won't be as costly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I want him gone, I'm as baffled as the next fan as to why he's neglected evident promlems year after year and then top it off with some poor signings ...I mean did he really think Squillaci was a good player and Alumina was good enough to retain as our #1? Seriously?

There is something seriously wrong he's not telling us or this guy is just not good enough anymore and the game has passed him by. I mean right now if you gave me a choice between Zimm and Wenger I'd go Zimm anytime, I don't Zimm would take shit from players and he wouldn't buy shit players ....okay okay I shouldn't smoke before I type, but do you get where I'm coming from

I feel really sad for his seemingly impending demise, once a very good manager ...and an even greater mental patient

R.I.P

Arsene Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Last edited by Maestro; 24-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post

The keeper situation has always been exaggerated because of the shit defence. Sort out the defence and having an average keeper (what I think Chesney is atm) won't be a huge issue. Improve the attack and conceding goals won't be as costly.
    One wouldn't be overstating the importance of cech,van de sar,valdes,cassillas etc. to their teams though? In my opinion Gomes was the difference between us and the spuds this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeper's a crucial component of the spine of any good team, VDS, Cech, then a commander in the centre of defense, Ferdinand, Terry, a conductor in the middle, Scholes, Lampard, and a go-to guy up front, (Man Utd were struggling until the Mexican arrived), Drog. We can buy utility and pack it around a jellied spine and see how we go or we can start the job of rebuilding properly. I'd rather see the latter, it gets us where we want to go sooner and with fewer false starts.

Anyway, it'll be Chesney, TV and JD, Jack and Aaron (bless) and RvP for some of the season with that Moroccan guy on cover. Wenger will probably buy a tippy-tapdancer for the midfield, if that. Probably enough to keep our hopes alive until the real business begins.