User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, I don't agree about the manager's, I don't think he's able to achieve more but I believe he wants to, I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't want to.
    I was simply responding to the notion that he's under no pressure. He is, but the pressure he's under is from people whose interests expectations are different from the fans.
    I wasn't saying it's a good thing.
    But losers want lots of things. There are plenty of losers who want to be winners. Sure, they want it. But if they aren't prepared to take the actions necessary to achieve it then all they are are losers with pipe dreams. Not exactly the sort of character you want in charge of a competitive team of athletes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Perhaps. But the drug running paedos in charge would still need to instil the winning mentality or the results wouldn't arrive anyway. Of course I agree, give the fans a string of positive results and the temperature lowers. But Arsenal is a club that has been going around and around for a decade now. We've seen those results come in, cheered them, engaged in ridiculously optimistic talk of titles. Eventually people twig. At Arsenal it's not about the results, not in the way it is at normal clubs. Results for us are to uphold a minimum standard, not to strive for the maximum standard. It's the mentality. Que sera sera, whatever will do, will do.
    No which ever way you argue it, it's about the results. The results that have prevented us from properly challenging for major honours on a consistent basis

The mentality, the ownership, the manager are just the contributory factors for why the results are not coming. The only reason they are important is because they affect the results.

I repeat if the results were coming and we were challenging and winning nothing else would matter. You don't get fan protests if a club has won the treble for instance.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 02-03-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The fans have turned", at our place means people posting slightly controversial message online. Actually turning would mean a relentless chorus of, "We want Wenger OUT!, throughout 90 minutes. We have the politest, most whipped fans in football. Some bloke with a tattoo going around saying, "Please Arsene, you've been great and all but, if it's not too much trouble, could you leave?", is viewed as hard core. We are a million miles away from turning, from what I can see. Most of us are still here pleading with a guy who already thinks he's doing the right thing, to do the right thing.

Cant agree more. Majority of our fans need a right kick up the backside... Wake the F up! You are paying the highest tickets prices in world football to watch that shit. Really?! How are you ok with this week in week out season after season?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    But losers want lots of things. There are plenty of losers who want to be winners. Sure, they want it. But if they aren't prepared to take the actions necessary to achieve it then all they are are losers with pipe dreams. Not exactly the sort of character you want in charge of a competitive team of athletes.
    Even though it's irrelevant i think the argument that Letters is making is that he's not the kind of loser who is deliberately avoiding winning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, I don't agree about the manager's, I don't think he's able to achieve more but I believe he wants to, I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't want to.
    I was simply responding to the notion that he's under no pressure. He is, but the pressure he's under is from people whose interests expectations are different from the fans.
    I wasn't saying it's a good thing.
    What kind of pressure is that then Letters? To basically not lose the club money...Stan just wants his investment to keep on giving him decent returns.

These are the kind of things Stan has said in the past...

“For me, being an individual owner, I have to have some sort of reality involved. “If you want to win championships then you would never get involved. “I think the best owners in sports are the guys that sort of watch both sides a bit.
    Even Stan's statements lack conviction...sort of watch both sides a bit? What does that even mean?!

Without me totally going off track...I stand by my statement that Wenger is under little to no pressure in comparison to pretty much all of his rivals in World Football.
    Last edited by selassie; 02-03-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post

Cant agree more. Majority of our fans need a right kick up the backside... Wake the F up! You are paying the highest tickets prices in world football to watch that shit. Really?! How are you ok with this week in week out season after season?
    I protest by not giving the club any of my money, i don't feel i'm in a position to tell other people what they should be doing with theirs.

I would prefer it if there was a more continual noticeable presence, but there we are. I think fans are more likely to wait and see what happens and if he stays just won't come back.

However there is enough fan unrest for it to have got national media attention, and if Wenger cared nothing for fan reprisal he would have signed already.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 02-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You'll have to excuse Letters. His is a case of the Sixth Sense. He sees imaginary posters.
    This is by far the worst day I've ever seen as an Arsenal fan. And the frightening thing is, I don't expect this to be the last time I say this, this season. I swear to God, if we don't bring in another centre back and centre midfielder, we will finish outside the top 6.
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=662&page=4

People tell me to behave when I say we'll be in the relegation battle this year. Are you so sure we won't? The relegation battle can involve as many as ten team right to the wire. When you see what we saw today, can you name the ten teams we are superior to in this league? Are you relaying on zero injuries and zero suspensions when you make that assessment?
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=662&page=7

We have snookered ourselves this season and 4th place looks as far away as it's ever been.
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=662&page=9

If we don't get at the very least 3 more players then we're going to stuck in mid table for the season. I know some have talked about relegation, but I don't think that's likely. What's most likely going to happen is that we'll hover around 8th-10th position throughout the season, perhaps making a late bid for a Europa League place.
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=662&page=9

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    All taken from five and a half years ago when we lost 8-2 to United and failed to win any of our opening three games. To be fair at that time it wasn't that much of an exaggerated fear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny thinking back to probably our worst period under Wenger. We were shocking throughout most of 2011 and that culminated in the hammering United gave us.

How much better are we now?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It's funny thinking back to probably our worst period under Wenger. We were shocking throughout most of 2011 and that culminated in the hammering United gave us.

How much better are we now?
    well we haven't quite gone through a run of 2 wins in 14 league games like we did between March and August of 2011

Our last 14 games haven't exactly been inspiring but 8 wins instead
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 02-03-2017 at 05:04 PM.