User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Seriously, why would you give Gibbs a new contract, a) he's sh*t and b) he must have spent 95% of his career injured I honestly think you'd have to be thick to offer him a new contract.

As for Wilshere same thing again, really doesn't make a lot of sense, you'd think we might have learnt our lesson with the likes of Rosicky and Diaby before hand, seems not. Then again what lessons do we ever learn?
    I can understand giving Diaby and Rosicky contracts because they had the talent and potential to deliver if they could stay fit. Rosicky especially. He's the sort of player that could play that CM role Cazorla plays and has often come in towards the end of the season to bail us out when the Wilshere/Ramsey axis falls flat. Diaby also had serious potential for that role. No idea why Wenger didn't sign a CM with a similar attributes seen in these two.

Wilshere is a lost cause and hasn't got the ability the ability to be that sort of player. Time to let him go.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't think he has a job as long as he wants it, not any more. Even if Kroenke sees the club as just a cash cow that cash cow is under threat of being less fat and juicy if Wenger can no longer do the thing he has been kept so long to do and that's keep the club in the top four.

Self-sustainability is based on fans paying money to watch the game, and they won't continue to do that. I'm not sure he has lost the dressing room, but he has players that are so lacking in confidence for this season at least beating sides like West Ham and Middlesborough is about as much as he is likely to achieve.

If we take Wenger at his word which plenty of people here seem happy to do because his press conferences seem to irritate people, he seems to have changed from i've made up my mind to it's the board's decision. I think the Crystal Palace result really caused a lot of concern for people at the club, evidenced by Wenger changing his formation (perhaps trying to prove to his employers he is capable of change).

If Wenger signs a new contract with no changes in place to coaching staff or a director of football we know that this man can just get away with whatever he wants, if he signs a contract with changes at all coaching levels it shows whilst the club are still too cowardly to do what needs to be done that Wenger no longer has a job for as long as he wants it and that their patience is not as endless as we might think.

Don't get me wrong, it's flogging a dead horse Wenger should be gone at the end of the season and discussions should have been concluded to bring in a better replacement but we know the board has been asleep at the wheel. What we now need to find out is what action they are prepared to take if they have woken up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Seriously, why would you give Gibbs a new contract, a) he's sh*t and b) he must have spent 95% of his career injured I honestly think you'd have to be thick to offer him a new contract.

As for Wilshere same thing again, really doesn't make a lot of sense, you'd think we might have learnt our lesson with the likes of Rosicky and Diaby before hand, seems not. Then again what lessons do we ever learn?
    This is another major reason why Wumger has to go. Another manager would want to make his stamp on the club & would get rid of the deadwood. There are those on here who think we dont need a major clear out & think we have a really strong squad. I disagree. Cech is on his way out & we dont have another top keeper. Only Bellerin & Kos would be classed as good enough defenders for any other top club. Take away Ozil & Sanchez as they could be gone anyway & apart from Cazorla, there is not a footballing brain of any quality in any other squad member.
    How much more do we need to see of Gibbs, Monreal, Theo, Ramsey, Coq, Welbeck, Giroud to realise they are not good enough & why on earth give Merts a new contract.
    We need a serious clear out & only a new manager will do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have Sanogo who can play there. Our version of Mbappe.

We'll at least get rid of Sanogo, right? Surely we'll do that much at very least.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We also have Sanogo who can play there. Our version of Mbappe.

We'll at least get rid of Sanogo, right? Surely we'll do that much at very least.
    Sanchez out, Sanogo in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    This is another major reason why Wumger has to go. Another manager would want to make his stamp on the club & would get rid of the deadwood. There are those on here who think we dont need a major clear out & think we have a really strong squad. I disagree. Cech is on his way out & we dont have another top keeper. Only Bellerin & Kos would be classed as good enough defenders for any other top club. Take away Ozil & Sanchez as they could be gone anyway & apart from Cazorla, there is not a footballing brain of any quality in any other squad member.
    How much more do we need to see of Gibbs, Monreal, Theo, Ramsey, Coq, Welbeck, Giroud to realise they are not good enough & why on earth give Merts a new contract.
    We need a serious clear out & only a new manager will do it.
    To be honest I think any new manager over time and I don't mean a long period would make quite big changes to the squad and first XI. As it stands we don't have a nailed on first XI or real identifiable core which in itself is an issue.

We don't really have any leaders or strong characters...not in the obvious sense anyway.

One thing we know about Wenger is regardless of the outcome of the season he won't rock the boat, he has his principles and one of those is that he won't make mass changes to the playing squad, he never has done. If he signs on for two more years which is looking likely, then I reckon we are looking at 4 or 5 changes at max this summer, of which you can bet 2 or 3 of these players will be eased in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bastard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you'd they go the extra mile and extract maximum piss. The "three" at the back was a Wenger Special WUM then?

Well, we're finished as a force in football for the foreseeable future.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bould staying too apparently
    Für eure Sicherheit