User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It’s true that some are quick to jump all over what Wenger says but I think you have the wrong end of the stick this time. In fact, I think you’ve been too quick to jump on to other posters without reading what’s been said on either side.
    I was just responding to Penguin's comment on the season which missed out quite a big factor in assessing how the season went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was just responding to Penguin's comment on the season which missed out quite a big factor in assessing how the season went.
    It's worth reading it again.

You finish 5th in the league and get humiliated in Europe. Apparently you haven't lost
    That's not a season assessment and I don't think you've read what he or Wenger has said properly. Or just don't understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As Delusion said I think you misunderstood what I meant.
    I wasn't talking about the season as a whole. I was responding to the quote from Wenger. Wenger's quote was basically: 'If you don't win a trophy it doesn't mean you lost'. He's obviously talking about the league and/or the champions league because we won the FA Cup.

My point was that we finished 5th and were never even close to challenging for the title, and we were demolished in the Champions league as usual. If that doesn't count as losing I don't know what does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    As Delusion said I think you misunderstood what I meant.
    I wasn't talking about the season as a whole. I was responding to the quote from Wenger. Wenger's quote was basically: 'If you don't win a trophy it doesn't mean you lost'. He's obviously talking about the league and/or the champions league because we won the FA Cup.

My point was that we finished 5th and were never even close to challenging for the title, and we were demolished in the Champions league as usual. If that doesn't count as losing I don't know what does.
    It's another ridiculous statement from Wenger. Always trying to polish a turd. It's no surprise when you consider what he said about winning whatever half it was against Bayern.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    And of course he knows it's a ridiculous statement to make, but even though he knows you can't polish a turd he'll give it a bloody good go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's face it, Wenger is always trying to paint a rosy picture of the events of the previous season, in the past it's been focussing on mini unbeaten runs when we have nothing to play for, this season int he Bayern match he came out with something about winning the 1st half, all ridiculous statements and this one is the latest in a long line.

He refuses to recognise when he's failed, in his eyes he hasn't, after all he judges how good his performance is and since he's still in the job he clearly thinks he's still doing a great job.