User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End result is the same though.

We could fail to win our first 19 games and still manage to find our way into the top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger should have gone a long time ago IMO, his inadequacies were there for all to see, had he done I'm sure we'd be in a far better place right now. Sadly he's had it too easy for too long, the board and owner will back him 100% and despite his poor performance still offer him a pay rise (how ridiculous is that give what's happening), he basically decides if he's doing a good job, if he's staying or not, he decides everything, he even tells the fans to shape up!

The fans aren't innocent either, I agree with NQ, too much undeserved support for too long, yes he deserved some grace for his early years, but not 10+ years of it! At any proper football club he would have been out on his ear many years ago, no sentimentality, just the chop like he deserved, sadly that was never going to happen with people at the club who are only interested in money, the sad thing is the fans still turned out week in week out to fill their pockets.

For years people used the morally superior we're a well run club argument, now however in the cold light of day it's clear we're a perfect example of what no football club should ever become, football is no longer the priority, it's all about how much they can get out an how little they can put in and the attitude towards the fans sums up how untouchable they think they are, they feel there's no comeback, they can say and do whatever they like with no repercussions.

And you know what, they're right they can, people will still keep turning up, doesn't matter how much you belittle them or patronise them, got to say I think Arsenal (or should I say Wenger, because most of them are more fans of him then the football club itself oddly) fans are unique in that sense, most other fans would have kicked up a storm, but at Arsenal all we see if pro Wenger fans kicking off at anti Wenger fans whilst the board and manager watch in amusement.

Many years ago people when Abrahmovic turned up people were quick to criticise saying Chelsea would be done for when he left and that he'd be gone when he's done with this new play thing, ironically he's still around now, more interested than ever in seeing Chelsea succeed, he clearly loves football (and Chelsea) and for him football comes first, when it's not working he's not scared to make the change and it's worked well for them. Meanwhile we're stuck with a guy who's been here for what seems like forever, who has outdated ideas, a stubborn streak never never before seen in football and really isn't that bothered about winning (yes some will claim otherwise but show me the solid evidence other than a few rants on the touchline) with an owner who only has on intention and it's not building a successful club, frankly I'd take Chelsea's model any day of the week based on the evidence of the last 10 years!

If we are indeed a business and no longer a football club, I'd love to see another business as big as us treat it's customers with as much contempt, my guess would be they wouldn't stay in business long, they're profits would certainly fall significantly at the very least.

If the club today is what we have Wenger to thank for....I'll pass!
    Last edited by Özim; 02-03-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped being a sporting franchise when Dein left and the old execs like Friar passed on. Wenger gladly filled the vacancy with his huge ego and averageness. Who wouldnt want to be his own boss?. This was when the malaise started, long before Kroenke bought in. Wenger in his own mind felt he could continue to compete with Chelsea and United, but when City joined the moneyed elite, the game got too tough and 4th place became the only game in town. Kroenke only established mediocrity as a benchmark. A minimum target to keep the punters happy and the cash rolling in. Even now they dont understand fans wanting more. Do you know how much it would cost to actually compete? they say,
    No we dont and all we can see is that we are spending 50% more than Spurs to stay just 1 place ahead of them, and 80-90% of what the other 3 are doing. So the money factor really is meaningless. what is sincerely lacking here is merely sporting ambition epitomised in offering Wenger this new contract.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is how fucking deluded the prick is,ive copied just a snippet of a interview on sky sports,in which he seems to be pushing for another four years at arsenal,but its this bit stuck out,he said. "These are quality players. Everything went against us [in Munich]. We were 1-1 at half-time and in the second half everything went against us.

"We responded at Sutton and we want to respond again. After that we have an opportunity to show Bayern we can cause them problems."
    is it me or is he completly fucking bonkers
    Last edited by redordead; 02-03-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
    Yeah Kronke is probably the most hated owner in all of sports, and potentially one of the worst.

Avalanche fans don't like him or his recent moves.

Nuggets fans don't really like him.

He moved the Rams from St.Louis to L.a.

Arsenal fans hate that they are owned by an American who runs the team like a business and doesn't let them spend freely.
    The poster on the Calgary Flames forum is a bit off on us, but Kroenke is being discussed on ice hockey forums as a result of the dire straits his team are in and a stupid player trade they just made.

When the piece of shit purchased the Avs they had recently won the Stanley Cup and were on their way that season to winning another one. They were a premier club, it was fucking impossible to get tickets to see them pretty much wherever they played and no chance for home matches.

Today they are the biggest joke in the NHL. And I'm not exaggerating. If you can be bothered, take a look at the league table. He has fucking destroyed that Club. But it doesn't matter because when he wrecks them so bad nobody turns up, he can find another city that will build an arena using public money and move the team there until he pisses off another market with the piece of shit product he produces everywhere he goes with every team he owns.

Wenger isn't the problem, he is the public face of the problem.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Kroenke only became the majority shareholder in 2011 so i don't think he can be held responsible for the litany of awful in the previous five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger Referendum IV

The litany of awful as you describe it coincided with the annual sale of our best players.

At that point Wenger was the right man for the time. No other manager would have gone through such a fire sale.

He aint the right manager now, but more importantly we have the wrong owner.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    The litany of awful as you describe it coincided with the annual sale of our best players.

At that point Wenger was the right man for the time. No other manager would have gone through such a fire sale.

He aint the right manager now, but more importantly we have the wrong owner.
    The best players left because of the same reasons Sanchez and Ozil are likely to leave this summer. Nobody is winning anything worth shit with Wenger at the helm. He should have left in 2006. Its been downhill ever since.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 03-03-2017 at 02:37 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what Wenger is getting his pay rise for:

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    All taken from five and a half years ago when we lost 8-2 to United and failed to win any of our opening three games. To be fair at that time it wasn't that much of an exaggerated fear.
    Whether it was justified isn't relevant, I was just saying I'd seen it on here and was told I was imagining it. I wasn't.
    There were plenty of similar kneejerk over-reactions like that over the years.